Rosewood B&T

Haven't had anything to post for a while, so here's something.

2.5" 3/32" ATS34 blade, tapered tang, marquenched, cryo'd triple tempered, the usual. 6.5" overall. Pretty piece of rosewood I think. Two of my favorite Barry Posner mosiac pins.

rosebt.jpg

rosespn.jpg

Very nice. The pins go very well together with the rosewood. Good choice.

That's real purtty Matt.I'm a sucker for nice
wood and that one has it.

Nice Rosewood is right!!! Gorgeous...thanks for posting it...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

That is a great looking little knife Matt. I love the mosaic pins and the overall profile. A real winner in my opinion.

Matt, what kind of sheath does this knife come with? Are you thinking of doing any knives with S30V? I would be very interested in this knife in S30V or 3V.

Thanks guys!

I love the piece of rosewood that yeilded this handle. I found it at a local hardwood supplier some time ago. In fact the supplier has since gone out of business. Just one chunk about 3 x 2 x18 or so with some really amazing colours, and a big knot introducing a bunch of swirls. The pattern is so tight that when I bookmatch scales, just grinding a little off the outside can make them look totally different. Glad I'm making knives and not furniture though. I cannot imagine paying for enough nice wood to make a table.

Hi Keith, this one gets leather. I just received some S60V, but it's too thick (5/32). I still have to figure out heat treating arrangements for the CPM stuff anyway. Not too keen on shipping it across the boarder for HT, and my oven won't get hot enough. Probably can't be thinking about S30V for 6 months or so. I'll keep you updated.

Back