Rough date on a 301?

Can anyone give a date range on this 301 by the box in the picture? Even with photoshop I can't celan up the pic' enought to read the date code and I am not up on when Buck used these boxes.

7b2b_1.JPG

Good Goose...I knew this thread was primed for such:D :p :D. Preston

...:confused: ...I was talking about the Stag scales...No idea what Gooser meant... :rolleyes:

Aren't you always just a little worried about what someone called "Gooser" is thinking? :eek::eek:

Thanks for the info' folks, I managed to snag that knife off Ebay for $15.99!

Did this knife come with warranty papers?
How about the sticker on the end of the box?
They usually have dates on them somewhere, it will get you in the ballpark anyway...
I have some Buck boxes like that, mine are somewhere in the 1990's.
Good luck- looks like a nice score. :)

The seller didn't mention if the warranty papers are still with it, when it gets here I'll let you know.

I've been trying to clean up the pic' enough to read the green price sticker, so far all I can make out is that the second word is "DEPT." and a price of "30.00".

Ohhhh, I thought that was your pic.
Maybe the knife isnt even in the original box...

Good point, I didn't even think of that, here is the Ebay listing.

THIS AUCTION IS FOR A BUCK KNIVE. KNIVE IS NEW IN BOX. NEVER USED. STOCKMAN # E301-00-0. CAT. 2587. KNIVE RETAILS FOR ABOUT $30.00. FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS.

(Oh crap, it just hit me..."00" in the E301-00-0 means 2000 doesn't it?)

The seller mostly sells clothes, this was the only knife they had listed, and notice they repeatedly use "KNIVE" instead of "KNIFE".

Oh well, for $16.00 if it's not the original box, still a great user!

TLC, I'm thinking for $16 that is a good deal. Regardless of the year.

As for the pic, I was wondering why it wasn't "on the sticks" like you usually do.

Thats what I thought too Goose! He "borrowed" that pic from the listing.

TLC- The 00 means its not a SP or anything...
My standard knives are B110-00-0
My knives that arent factory cataloged are b110-SP-74 or B110-BP5-0 (Just a couple examples) The last spots with the 3 zeros are just for different model variations (catalog numbers).
The date is usually smaller under this information, but I looked at my older boxes like that and there is no date on the box...

Thanks for expalining those codes, little by little I'm a lernin'!

Well, the knife arrived today. it is a 2000 model. It's not quite as the seller described, as you can see form my earlier post, he described it as "New in box-Never Used", and while it is in very good shape, it was FULL of denim pocket lint and the Spey blade has been touched up with a sharpener. At $16.00 I'm not gonna go through the hassle of trying to return it, will set back my NIB 2005 301 and use this one instead. I am going to leave a neutral feedback explaining why, something I rarely do but in this case I think it's warranted.

The seller was dennisg828 for future reference for others.

I do have one question about the knife though, on the box the sticker has:

"B301-00-0"

A barcode of:33753 02587 7

and "ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO"

Does this mean the knife was assembled in Mexico? I buy import Bucks, so I could care less if it was, just curious?

PS, the green sticker on the box says "CUTLERY DEPT/30.00"

Back