1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Roughout Sheath Toutorial

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Horsewright, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Know Fallbrook pretty well. Use to put on quite a few horsemanship clinics there years ago.

gruntinhusaybah likes this.
  2. ANovinc

ANovinc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Hey, Dave. I'd love to try a rough out, but I don't feel like the leather I currently have has enough "rough" to look good. Thoughts/suggestions on that?

3. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Always enjoy seeing your work and photos.....Better watch drinking and riding....you may get a ticket the way things are going these days :)

4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Read in the papers they tried that a while back. However, the arrest was bad, as under CA law a horseback rider is a pedestrian. So a different standard applies, ya'd have to be so drunk as to meet the standard of drunk in public basically falling down drunk. Most horses can't drink that much!

Amy, picking roughout leather is probably the biggest question I get about making stuff out of roughout. Honestly, ya know I just don't worry about it much. Some projects are pretty tightly napped:

[​IMG]

Other projects pretty wooly:

[​IMG]

And some in between:

[​IMG]

They all sell.

gruntinhusaybah likes this.
  5. ANovinc

ANovinc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Thanks Dave !

6. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011