1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Gfeller sheath

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Makael, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Makael

Makael Leather Craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Came on one of my Ruana knives. Didn't think much until I searched the name. Great sheath. Can't find much about the sheaths he made. But he and the company do make incredible products.

Thought I would share .

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Hi! Nice sheath! A couple of times I'd made cimilar kind of safety cords, and I'd found more comfy to use it with some of bead, slide on cord
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prester John, hughd and mitch4ging like this.
  3. Makael

Makael Leather Craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Good idea. That's pretty cool.

4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Really like that idea. Got a Ruana in the shop right now, fixing it up for a guy. The sheath isn't marked except for Ruana on the front. He'd forgotten to wipe it down after using it on a hunt and had some rusting on it. A friend had told him to soak it in a jar of CLR overnight. Don't do that. It left a diagonal line etched right across the blade and didn't do much on the rust either. Did bring out an interesting quench line though. Got er fixed u though and was able to save some of the quench line, kinda cool.

5. gruntinhusaybah

gruntinhusaybah

Jan 1, 2006
    Gfeller makes incredible stuff!
    That's an old sheath too! They've been in Meridian, ID for awhile now.

Thanks for sharing!