1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Gfeller sheath

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Makael, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Makael

Makael Hobbyist Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Came on one of my Ruana knives. Didn't think much until I searched the name. Great sheath. Can't find much about the sheaths he made. But he and the company do make incredible products.

Thought I would share .

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Hi! Nice sheath! A couple of times I'd made cimilar kind of safety cords, and I'd found more comfy to use it with some of bead, slide on cord
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prester John, hughd and mitch4ging like this.
  3. Makael

Makael Hobbyist Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Good idea. That's pretty cool.

4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Really like that idea. Got a Ruana in the shop right now, fixing it up for a guy. The sheath isn't marked except for Ruana on the front. He'd forgotten to wipe it down after using it on a hunt and had some rusting on it. A friend had told him to soak it in a jar of CLR overnight. Don't do that. It left a diagonal line etched right across the blade and didn't do much on the rust either. Did bring out an interesting quench line though. Got er fixed u though and was able to save some of the quench line, kinda cool.

5. gruntinhusaybah

gruntinhusaybah KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    Gfeller makes incredible stuff!
    That's an old sheath too! They've been in Meridian, ID for awhile now.

Thanks for sharing!