RR: Delta-Z pen knife

Hello to all: I now have a job where I spend time in a tie and am trying to have a knife for the occasion. I usually carry a pen and or pencil in the chest pocket and have considered the Delta-Z pen knife as well. The trouble is that I don't know much about them other than they seem a little pricey. Does anyone have any insight? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Doug

i would also like some users opinions on that one....been thinking about it.
i was going to just go with a Newt Livesay Zipper, asked him if he could possibly make it sheathed and toned down to look like a pen-type object...except he hasn't told me anything in a few months now so i've given up on that idea...
anybody have a Z?

git on back up there, little doggy...

anybody have a delta Z ????

wink.gif

Hello From MN,
I've had my Delta-Z, 360 Pivot, pen knife for about a year now, and love it. The styling and workmanship is first class. With each part working togeather flawlessly, as it moves from pen to knife, and back again. You'll find that it has a little more bulk then a normal pen, and this inturn gives you a little more to wrap your hand around. It is lite weight, and offen times I forget it's even in my shirt pocket. Yet, it's always there, quitely waiting untill it's needed.
For those knife-a-holics, that enjoy playing with their knives, like me, it is a joy to work with. I sometimes find myself spending time just opening and closeing it, over and over. As I work out a problem in my mind, it gives my hands something to do, and helps me to relax.
I can highly recommend it for lite to medium cutting chores, and the edge seems to last for ever. Since I haven't had to sharpen mine yet.
Best Regards,
Jay Maines
Sunrise River Custom Knives www.sunrisecustomknives.com

------------------

A few specs for those considering one of these high end quality pieces:

The 360 Pivot Executive Knive has:

Blade: ATS-34, flat ground & VERY SHARP. Just under 3" in length.

Body: 6061-T6 Aluminium, with anodized coating.

Liner: Titanium, locks up fully along the flat ground blade end, actually extending slightly beyond the blade edges.

Pivot: Oil impregnated bronze bushing, with special pivot screw.

Ball Detents: 2 each, one holds blade under movable body piece while opening and the other holds the body piece when in the closed position.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

BarnZ
smile.gif

Delta Z Knives, Inc.

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

BarnZ,
Maybe the answer to this should be obvious since you're a California company, but has there been any trouble with the 360 Pivot Executive Knife being considered a "writing pen knife" within the meaning of penal code section 12020?

I'm not an attorney, but the physical facts are the 360 Pivot is not a pen, in any way. It does not write. The blade length qualifies it for pocket carry in CA, ie. under 3.5" (it's about 2.75"). This knife is a two handed, folder with internal liner lock. No way to open it quickly, or by gravity, or automatically. There are companies making switchblades in this state, which is against the law as I know it, and they aren't being bothered a bit. I'm not worried, but I can't tell any customer that I can "guarantee" any legal interpretation of the 360 Pivot. In the end, the final word would rest with the Supreme Court.

Barnaby
smile.gif

Delta Z Knives

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Back