Ruger 10/22 TAKEDOWN

I have a Henry AR7 and regret buying it. I have my sights on a 10/22 Takedown though.

At $299.99 though, they are a little expensive.
I don't know, it seems pretty reasonable for a quality SS semiauto.

The Marlin Papoose, for example, seems to be going for only around $25 less, and the Ruger IMO is a *much* better gun, even without the current QC issues with Marlin products.

Yeah Ruger has been on a roll. About to sell my SP101 and pick one of these 10/22TD up. Trying to get the SR1911 as my first 1911 but it honestly seems like they only make one of those per millennium.

I've seen the non-TD models for ~$100 less though it looks like the big box places are running the blued 10/22's for a tad under $200 today.

I've been shopping around for a new 10/22 and never seen them that low...blued standard model is usually $275 and the SS model is $300 or so at every gun store for 5 or 6 countys, if they sell online cheaper than that I'd really appreciate an email with details cause I'm leaning towards an SS model to mod a bit.

My neighbor has two in stock and I got a chance to handle one. Very nice and well thought out. I still lean towards the Handirifle in a 223. or a 45LC/410. I have both barrels and can easily take down anything in I need to and it packs jsut as easily.

I'm leaning towards an SS model to mod a bit.

The only thing stainless about the stainless model is the stock barrel. If you're going to be modding and playing with it you might as well save the money and buy the "blued" model. Add an aftermarket stainless bull barrel later and you're ahead of the game.

Back