Ruko Knives

What the heck is so great about Ruko knives? Today I saw them at Canadian Tire, Peavey Mart, and Wholesale Sports. I bought a Ruko a few years ago, and it fell apart. What is so great about them that they have big racks of them at sporting goods stores?

Yeah, I just noticed my new local Theisens "farm anfd fleet" department store carries nothing but Ruko, and they have a pretty big line up of the things.

I'd never heard of Ruko before, but looking at them they seem to lean towards the "cheep knock off" side of quallity.

I did buy their version of that 80's classic, you know the $5 rambo wanna-be survival knife with the hollow handle, compas on the butt, and saw teeth on the spine. ....Haha, bought it as a joke, and for the nastalgia of having gone through several of those things as a kid!

What the heck is so great about Ruko knives? Today I saw them at Canadian Tire, Peavey Mart, and Wholesale Sports. I bought a Ruko a few years ago, and it fell apart. What is so great about them that they have big racks of them at sporting goods stores?

Nothing. They are garbage, and I dont say that about a knife often.

A lot of the Ace stores carry that junk here and it irritates me to no end.
The "Good old days" when quality American companies were around like Camillus , Case... old gents sittin around a pot belly stove in the local hardware store drinking coffee and swapping war stories.. Those days are gone, they are over and done.... I get that , but these stores could at least offer decent quality overseas knives like Sanrenmu , Bee , Enlan , Rough Rider, etc instead of garbage like Ruko.

my two cents

Tostig

The amount of shelf sapce a brand takes up has no direct corelation with their product quality.

It just means whatever-company is doing a good job buying connections to get their crap more public exposures with irresistible sheepo price to boot...

And as time goes by people get the wrong impression that they've seen whatever-company's product sold everywhere for a long time they must be of fine quality...

nice to see somene else from saskatchewan on here. To answer your question, there is nothing good about them. Bet they're cheap so they sell lots to those that don't know any better.

rant/
The thing is, the ones I saw weren't cheap. They weren't ridiculously expensive, but there were more than a few $80+ fixed blades that looked like crappy copies of Randalls, etc. They sell odd-looking traditional folders (I bought one of them, it broke while cutting twine off a bale. Useless POS) and bowie knives with fake stag handles. Not to mention the mall ninja weapons like the "survival knife" mentioned.
/rant

But at least I found a few old Case knives at a garage sale. The day was not lost. They were priced at $2 each, a great bargain.

Back