Russ Andrews Custom Hunter - Pics

Jsega51

Gold Member
@Russ Andrews just finished up this 9.5” OAL damascus hunter that turned out fantastic! I love Russ’s ladder damascus pattern so I had inquired about matching that up with some Ringed Gidgee. The goal in my mind was to continue the flowing horizontal and vertical lines of the damascus all the way through the handle and I say it was a success!

It might be too busy for some but I love how it attacks your visual senses. The handle is pure comfort no matter how you hold it and it has that nice “warm” feeling as well. Russ decided that the knife could use a damascus spacer behind the guard and he was spot on. It looks right at home there and provides a nice index point for your finger which is a nice added bonus.

Thank you again Russ. Your time and craftsmanship is very much appreciated and I’ll be sure to let you know how the knife performs this hunting season! :thumbsup:

WltrPBP.jpg

NmS0LvN.jpg

nQ8xoiQ.jpg

Here you’ll notice a small round plug in the butt. The tang is locked in place by a nut inside the handle, then sealed up. Solid!
SAj9yAG.jpg

Thank you gentlemen. The other cool thing with this knife is the chatoyancy that both the steel and wood have. As you move the knife around to different angles, the blade pattern and the wood grain pattern keep changing.

As you can surmise, I’ve been fondling this knife a lot haha.

One of the very first knife books I bought in the mid 70’s had an article on Russ. His workmanship was amazing then and it still is. Beautiful piece... thanks for posting.

B-E-A-utee-full
Non palm sticker there. Has perfect proportions.
Don’t know what I like better, the balde or the handle. Congrats

Very nice - I like the ladder pattern with either ringed gidgee or koi......great choice, great hunter

Back