• Other (please describe in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello folks!

Well, the time has come to start dreaming up a pattern for this year's Giveaway Knife.

Please post your thoughts on what kind of knife you'd like to see, and/or participate in the poll.

Ryan's 2014 GAW knife turned out to be a solid piece of work that appears to have legs!

Let's make 2015's knife even better!

This year's knife will be a fixed blade with hidden tang, (to help Ryan prepare for his ABS JS testing...)

Some aspects I'd like to hear your thoughts on;
-steel choice and finish
-thickness, weight, other dimensions
-handle material suggestions
-sheath ideas
-mention your favourite designs, too. We'll take cues from that as well

When the time comes, I'll create a blueprint for the pattern, (for Ryan) and a conceptual design, (for you)
Have a great year, people!
:):thumbup:

camp knife -- slightly dropped point Leuku out of 5/32" elmax, high saber flat grind with satin finish.
6-7" blade, 4.75" tapered hexagon handle with Mokume-gane bolster and butt-plate.
handle of African blackwood

Man, it is hard to narrow it down to just one design you would like to see made.

15" Chopper
High - Sabre or Convex Grind
.25" wide
Preferably a more stain resistant steel
Shallow clip or maybe a aggressive 'spey' type tip
Spalted Maple or Curly Walnut Handle

I really like the designs I've seen recently by Mr. Steingass. They are really sturdy, but beautiful knives.

Good luck to Ryan as he prepares for his test!!!:thumbup:

thanks for your detailed posts! The more, the merrier:)

This is great!! Making me a little nervous... keep the suggestions coming, I always love seeing what Lorien comes up with in the end based on all the suggestions.
... Ryan

things are looking good for a fixed blade edc!

Well, I don't know nothing about knife types. All I know is that I like pink, or purple, or pink/purple handles. And I like a knife that Ryan Weeks makes. I'm looking forward to the 2015 Ryan W. Knives Giveaway Knife design.

TJ

I voted short fighter. Knowing your work, I know it will be amazing.

Thanks everyone for voting

I voted short fighter. Knowing your work, I know it will be amazing.

I personally would love to see what Lorien comes up with in a Short Fighter, thanks Mack

short fighter/EDC it is!

I'm announcing a sudden and unexpected twist; I WILL MAKE THE SHEATH! It won't be fancy, but it will be functional and last as long as you. Maybe longer.

Thanks everyone for voting

I personally would love to see what Lorien comes up with in a Short Fighter, thanks Mack

short fighter/EDC it is!

I'm announcing a sudden and unexpected twist; I WILL MAKE THE SHEATH! It won't be fancy, but it will be functional and last as long as you. Maybe longer.

I can't wait to see this. The design will be cool and we all know that the execution will be incredible.:thumbup:

short fighter/EDC it is!

Now I am excited!! Thanks Lorien!

the pattern is finished. I'll scan it and send on over to brother Ryan next week!
I think you'll like it :)

don't hold yer breath!
there likely won't be much to see til Ryan starts posting in-progress shots...

Back