S30V bushcrafter sign-up

m. wohlwend

BANNED
I will start this by saying this is a departure for me as I have always worked with high carbon 10xx series steels and tool steels. However over the last month or so I have had a few requests for stainless steel bushcrafter knives. I have no problem with this other than the heat treat. I have spoke with my local Mastersmith who has a lot of experience using this steel and he is willing to train me how to do the heat treat ! :thumbup:

Here is the deal, the steel is 2.5 time more expensive than O-1 tool steel, and 8 times more expensive than simple carbon. I normaly charge $115.00 for my 1095 bushcrafter and $125.00 for my O-1 bushcrafter. This price is for the knife only. For the S30V knife I will have to charge 50.00 for the steel and special heat treat. So the price of the knife will be 165.00. the temper will also include a nitrogen dip. Sheaths are 20.00 and shipping will be 10.00.

If you are interested, I will need a small non-refundable deposit for 25.00 to help cover the cost of the steel and nitrogen. Once your deposit is paid, I will place you on the list. This will be a small run of 6 knives, with one already spoken for there are 5 slots open.

1. sold

Post here, pay your deposit and I will place you on the list....

If there is not mush interest in this, then I will probabaly continue to turn down orders for stainless steel knives.

knife3a-2.png

This is the model, Big Man scandi : 4 1/2 inch blade, and 4 3/4 inch handle.

Blade will be 1/8 thick and 1 1/8th tall. Handle will be brown or green micarta, or cocobolo....

As the build progresses, I will post up photos and updates here...

thanks!

Mark

I have two of these sold now, so here's what I think I am going to do. I am going to only order one bar of S30V. Should be able to get 3 knives out of it. We will get them built and then see about posting a review here of how they preform ... how's that ???

Back