Sad news

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
I just received sad news from Berkley Bettis wife said Berkley passed away. I am truly sadden by sad news. We will always remember him his great love and supports to HI and blade forum community. Thinking of Berkley and your family with deepest sympathy.

5WfVPyD.jpg

Last edited:
I just received sad news from Berkley Bettis'w wife said Berkley passed away. I am truly sadden by sad news. We will always remember him his great love and supports to HI and blade forum community. Thinking of Berkley and your family with deepest sympathy.

5WfVPyD.jpg

Thank you Yangdu.
After 18 years of chats, arguments, laughter and friendship with Berk, I'm left slightly shocked.
Condolences to his family.
Good journey Berk!

Spiral aka Jonathan said.

I’m so sorry to hear the sad news! I recently joined his Facebook page. Got scolded a few times because my photos weren’t of antique khukris. He certainly educated me quite a bit. Will miss his knowledge! Great guy

Last edited:
Oh that is so sad to hear. Smoke up. Berk was always one of the most trusted voices here.

Oh man! What a gentleman, scholar, and inspiring person he has been to me and others. I dont even know what to think now. Smoke up for the family.

I am very sorry at Berk's passing. We were friends for over 35 years in a different arena---the Travis County Courthouse. We had both been prosecutors in early days and later criminal defense lawyers. In more recent years we got to be better friends due to our mutual interest in knives. While I am ignorant when it comes to Berk's beloved khukuris, we did share an appreciation for traditional folders. When we'd meet for lunch, we'd each bring a shiny new acquisition to show off---which usually resulted in some curious stares from the other patrons!

But from our earlier pre-retirement life, I can tell you that Berk was widely admired and respected as a lawyer. He tried some of the most important and complex criminal cases in our courthouse, and the judges all knew that if Berk was involved, the case would be handled with the utmost professionalism and expertise. Berk was a great scholar of the law and always a gentleman to everyone, and he was renowned for his quick wit and sense of humor.

This is a great loss for all of us.

Andrew

sad to hear this.

May his family and friends remember the good times, and find peace.

As Jake mentioned, trusted, to which I will add: respected.

A loss.

Condolences to the family.

Joe

Back