Sage zompocalypse set

Hey to all on bladeforums.
I decided a a good fewonths back i needed a sword .then decided i needed a set more of a modern day american daisho .for the zompocalypse or whatever else shtf.
Pics arent great.
Also enclosed it a pic of small but growing bussekin family .
One thing i did notice what a big weight difference between the rmds the sage one is a full 10 grams lighter i weighed em both and i hand convexed the black one after a lil bit of edge damage .i got the hogb8 thru bf and watermanchris also the mmd he has been an awesome seller and trader to deal with and bf friend cheers chris.im awaitin one more from another member pics to follow20190613_190227.jpg 20190613_190300.jpg 20190613_190241.jpg

Nice set and growing collection there!

Though my swords are traditionally styled and forged oroshigane blades, I do get the appeal of Americanized tactical, Japanese-inspired swords and knives and have a few myself (not Busses - other custom smiths) and get tempted by the Busses/kin. For instance, there is absolutely no way I will strap my katana, waikizashi, and/or tanto in full koshirae onto my pack as I head into the wild!

As you probably know, daisho means "big-little." Two swords. Not three as we often see in sets here in the States (and kakes are often made to hold three, as well as just two). Traditionally a katana and tanto (tantos are classified as swords after all), but after the popularization of the wakizashi it could be a katana and either a tanto or wakizashi. So, though starting with a wakizashi as your 'big" sword, which of the two pictured is your "little" in your American daisho? Very cool either way!

Thanks for sharing!

Some beautiful blades there I especially love the wakizachi. Largest I have is 1311 you have me thinking. o_O
But my most used knives are RMD's.
Thanks david the ruck8 and mmd are awesome the rmd is a classic in my mind great general use blade .the hogb8 is a perfect woods tool .and i just had to have the camp tramp differential ht amd res c pure awesome it came with a ferro rod notch in the back perfect for my thumb when chokin up .been savin up plastic 2ltrs milk bottles for a cutting fest .

Thanks david the ruck8 and mmd are awesome the rmd is a classic in my mind great general use blade .the hogb8 is a perfect woods tool .and i just had to have the camp tramp differential ht amd res c pure awesome it came with a ferro rod notch in the back perfect for my thumb when chokin up .been savin up plastic 2ltrs milk bottles for a cutting fest .
Yeah your going to have some fun
Any problems bringing in the rucki , that's why I never bothered . Tried to PM you your inbox is full.

Yeah your going to have some fun
Any problems bringing in the rucki , that's why I never bothered . Tried to PM you your inbox is full.
Sorry forgot to clear it .no i havemt ever had any hassle with anything just make sure your details are on there .if theres a problem.they will contact you as far as i know .ive had countless knives sent to me axes seaxs bows lots of stuff most stuff isnt illegal except.ninja crap otfs fake katanas or ones that arent predating 1954.anyone can import a real katana to ireland if you know the laws .they were designed to make sure real collectors and martial artists can still practice .the only thing that worries me about the rucki is how the f .am i gonna sharpen it lol

Back