1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SAK’s in old fashioned hardware stores

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by David Nowlin, Jun 7, 2019.

1. bruno_go

bruno_go

May 19, 2015
    Relly really great stories. Thank you all to share.

Ace Rimmer and cudgee like this.
  2. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    I recently visited Homer, AK while on vacation to pick up a few supplies. While there I was in a combo fish market and outdoor supplies store (Coal Point Trading Company) picking up some items. I noticed a lonely Victorinox Pocket Pal, sitting in half of its box (cover of box was missing). I hate to see an orphaned Victorinox knife so I asked the store's proprietor if I could take a look at the knife, she let me see the knife and since there was no price on the box accepted a reasonable offer. So I'm the proud owner of a new Pocket Pal, its an incredibly sharp little knife!

20190801_170715712_iOS_edited.jpg IMG_0434_edited.jpg

Filoso, Storm 8593, mnblade and 3 others like this.
  3. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    That's beautiful. I had one in the 80's. Not sure where it went. I wish I still had it. Enjoy your cool find.

4. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Menards carries a couple SAK models.

Ace Rimmer likes this.
  5. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    Heck yes! Where I live in the north of the Netherlands there is a wonderfull hardware store, where they sell Vic's, Opinel, Leatherman, and a bunch of other brands. The owner is an avid knife collector himself, and is always fun to talk with. (even if you're not buying)
    Here is a picture of the shop window:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Filoso, Piso Mojado, mnblade and 3 others like this.
  6. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    The last old style hardware store I frequented was a True Value in Ypsilanti Michigan. Century old building, family owned store, worn wood floors, bellmabove the door etc. and not a single pocket knife for sale much less a SAK!

Ace Rimmer likes this.