SAK Classic Alox colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to carry a cadet all the time as a secondary blade but found it was the scissors of the classic I missed most.

I’ve started looking to see what colors of Alox the Classic comes in.

I have a red 2018 in my pocket. I have a plain silver on the way. I just ordered a violet but am unsure if it’s marked 2016 or not.

What other colors are out there?

Thanks in advance. I’ll update the list as you guys chime in.

Red
Silver
Violet
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Olive Green
Lime Green
Dark Green
Orange
Black
Brown
Pink
Gold

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, the Classic has also been made in pink, light blue, lime green, dark green, and gold. I have no doubt there were others as well.

Fortunately, I’ve managed to avoid the “gotta catch ‘em all” disease with regard to Alox colors. There are a *ton* of sub-variants (include some that vary only slightly from lot-to-lot) that drive such collectors crazy.

I fear I started down that rabbit hole given they are relatively inexpensive. However, I think I'll slow my roll. I would like orange and black and lime green.

Last edited:
... oh and lime green. I'd like that one but from what I recall with the Cadets those are crazy expensive.

Patience will get you there. I picked this one up off the Exchange a few weeks ago, after several months of keeping my eyes peeled.

The only colors I collect are Orange and Silver. Trickiest for me to get was a South African orange Solo (and—as such things work—as soon as I got mine I immediately saw two more). The only knife I’m still in the hunt for is a silver First Mate. I refuse to pay the price folks are asking for them, but I may have to dig deep someday.

Good luck!

7E6B6B50-D3CE-4E49-8928-5429BA22ECD6.jpeg

I used to carry a cadet all the time as a secondary blade but found it was the scissors of the classic I missed most.

I’ve started looking to see what colors of Alox the Classic comes in.

I have a red 2018 in my pocket. I have a plain silver on the way. I just ordered a violet but am unsure if it’s marked 2016 or not.

What other colors are out there?

Thanks in advance. I’ll update the list as you guys chime in.

Red
Silver
Violet
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Olive Green
Lime Green
Dark Green
Orange
Black
Brown
Pink
Gold

If you need a more capable alox Vic with excellent scissors, try the Pioneer X. Also available in colors, though not as many as the Classic.

Thanks for the info guys. I am closing this down. I now realize they made the Classic in most of the normal Alox colors. I just couldn't find them initially with GOOGLE, through my normal dealer network, or using Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back