Sal, what is the latest on the Lynx?

shootist16

knife law moderator
I know you are very busy, but has there been any more decisions made on the Lynx? Will it be made? What kind of materials, timeline, etc.,

Looks like a real winner.

Give me paw prints or give me...I don't know, maybe a Military Jr.? (With paw prints!)

I don't know, how about a Military Jr. with spyders in the G-10 like the pugs in the Lynx?? Oh yeah that would be cool- would be a definate must for a Spyderco user. Just my 2 cents worth.

Jey

Originally posted by jyork
I don't know, how about a Military Jr. with spyders in the G-10 like the pugs in the Lynx?? Oh yeah that would be cool- would be a definate must for a Spyderco user. Just my 2 cents worth.

Jey

Sounds good. We can put it on the list of things to do after the Lynx. ;)

I really fell in love with the Lynx. It would make a great EDC.

attachment.php

The Lynx is a kick butt Wegner design. The prototype debuted at Blade. BG-42 blade steel, compression lock, and g-10 scales with "pugs" milled into them.

I have just spent the time since my last post searching and reading about the Lynx. Sorry I missed the first round and a chance to express my wishes. So I will do it now. Leave it as it is in the prototype and you just sold one more (whoopee, right?). Awesome knife.

Its the knife that makes me want to buy a Wegner blade. Normaly I just don't like a knife with that much belly, got enough of it myself:p !

Hi Guys, sorry to be "gone". Been quite busy, ya know, tryin' run a business.

Well, I can tell you that it cannot be called a lynx. Apparently the name is being used by another knife manufacturer.

Jeff says he wants to build it. That's a good sign. He handles the hunting knives. Still need a good name.

sal

That is good news, Sal. As far as the name goes, if you are looking for a small hunting feline, the name "Bobcat" seems a natural. While not as smooth sounding as the "Lynx" it is still quite appropriate for the knife.

I don't care what you call it, just build them! And fast, the anticipation is killing me.

Shootist, "Ocelot" was mine! But I'll split the royalties 60/40 with you. They pay royalties in knives, right?

Just for fun I'll suggest "Catamount" That is the term used for a mountian lion up here in "The Great North Woods".

Mike

Nevermind the name, give it a number, get it into production and tell me where to line up to get one.

MNH -- I like "Catamount" real well. Some big cat name has been mumbling around in my mind, out of reach, for several weeks. Don't think Catamount was it, but it sure works for me!

Back