SALE! 6" Utility Fighter in AEBL stainless steel

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This will unlock at 3:00 eastern time.

These are a variation of the 6" Utility Fighter made of AEBL stainless steel rather than Delta 3V.

We've been moving the shop around all week and it's been really difficult to get away from the move. I wouldn't be having a sale today except I'd already promised to. I'm sorry there are no pictures so I'm showing the pictures of this pattern in D3V but today's sale is for AEBL.

The 6" Utility Fighter was designed as a collaboration with design and functional input from a family friend, US Army Green Beret Jason Landphair. It is a well made, durable, high performance mid sized utility combat knife designed to carry light, tolerate rough use beyond the abilities of most alternatives, and function properly as a mid size fighting knife in addition to normal cutting chores.

The handle is 3D sculpted CNC machined and ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average sized hand. Unnecessary weight is removed where possible and the tang is internally skeletonized for a neutral balance. The blade is made of .175" AEBL. The heat treat is based upon some techniques used on our Delta 3V and is also based on some input from the heat treat for this alloy developed by Devin Thomas. We went through several rounds of development and the HT we're using has been fully tested and validated, we've done our homework and have what I feel is a very good heat treat for this steel, it performs very well.

Specs:
AEBL, heat treat, tested 61 HRC, .175" at ricasso
Total length 10.8"
Blade length 6.0"
Edge length 5.6", 20 DPS
Weight 8.0 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined scales
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
The price includes a very nice Mashed Cat Kydex sheath with TecLok.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are 6 knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive. We are sharpening now and they will ship next week.

Due to limited quantities please limit one per post.

1.jpg~original

2.jpg~original

3.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

5.jpg~original

6.jpg~original

7.jpg~original

8.jpg~original

9.jpg~original

10.jpg~original

11.jpg~original

12.jpg~original

13.jpg~original

These are all utility “field grade”, “as machined” and stonewashed with visible tool and grind marks.

They are shown with buffed scales but you can request unbuffed for an ugly alternative with better grip.

Price is:
$290 in black or natural canvas micarta
$300 in OD green G10
Shipping is $12

I take paypal, cash, check, or MO.
Jo will contact you via PM or email on Sunday or Monday. Emails though BF often get lost in spam filters. If you don't hear from her by end of day Monday please contact Jo on her PM, or send us an email at carothersknives at g mail dought com

We will have more AEBL 6" Utility Fighters out in the main sale area in two weeks.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Back