1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sales Thread Advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Tigerfan, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Tigerfan

Tigerfan

Jan 9, 2016
    I am considering selling off some of my knife accumulation Mostly ZT's and Spyderco's. But, I am not excited about having to watch a sales thread closely and manage the sale of ~10 knives individually.
    I think there are several members who live relatively close to me (greater Baton Rouge LA area). Would it be within the rules (and forum norms) to make a sales thread that states that I would like to open sales initially only to interested parties who could meet me in person at a public/safe location to examine the knives and make a deal? Hope is that any potential buyer would be interested in purchasing multiple, or possibly all of the knives that I would be offering. Buyer would not only get a terrific deal on multiple knives, but he/she would also have the advantage of being able to fondle the knives prior to purchase.
    Advice/opinions?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Within the rules, yes. The forum norm, no.

I understand the want to keep it local, but I think in the end it will be about the same level of potential tediousness as selling online just with different variables.

I would personally keep it open for both and just state that locals take priority. Offering discounts on multiples whether online or in person is a good incentive too.

Peter Hartwig and Tigerfan like this.
  3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Chances are you would be a long time selling those. You have limited your potential buyers considerably.
    I would list as benchwarmer suggested and ask that buyers either contact you through PM or Email(likely best). This way you don't actually have to follow the thread- just check on it occasionally for those that can't read:).

4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Screw that - if they can't follow simple instructions, they don't deserve the knives.

5. Tigerfan

Tigerfan

Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks for the advice gentlemen!