Sales Thread Advice

I am considering selling off some of my knife accumulation Mostly ZT's and Spyderco's. But, I am not excited about having to watch a sales thread closely and manage the sale of ~10 knives individually.
I think there are several members who live relatively close to me (greater Baton Rouge LA area). Would it be within the rules (and forum norms) to make a sales thread that states that I would like to open sales initially only to interested parties who could meet me in person at a public/safe location to examine the knives and make a deal? Hope is that any potential buyer would be interested in purchasing multiple, or possibly all of the knives that I would be offering. Buyer would not only get a terrific deal on multiple knives, but he/she would also have the advantage of being able to fondle the knives prior to purchase.
Advice/opinions?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Within the rules, yes. The forum norm, no.

I understand the want to keep it local, but I think in the end it will be about the same level of potential tediousness as selling online just with different variables.

I would personally keep it open for both and just state that locals take priority. Offering discounts on multiples whether online or in person is a good incentive too.

Chances are you would be a long time selling those. You have limited your potential buyers considerably.
I would list as benchwarmer suggested and ask that buyers either contact you through PM or Email(likely best). This way you don't actually have to follow the thread- just check on it occasionally for those that can't read:).

Back