Sam Lurquin Tsavo (AMAZING)

I have had a long fondness for the Tsavo... I am on a list somewhere!!! Great work Sam, thanks for sharing the photos.

No Paul, I make Sam's site, photos sometimes, but no leather...

But I shall like to try with Gustaaf as professor...:cool:

Your wood is well to it...

HuraK ;)

Thanks Norbert I was hurrying and we all know I'm not the greatest speller out there :)

I fixed it

An absolutely superb piece, the owner must be very happy with that indeed. :thumbup:

@ Joe :

Hurak :

To help you, to not forget...:D

Last edited:
Bravo to the maker! That's a superb piece... :thumbup:

And Joe, thanks for the re-telling of the Man-eaters of Tsavo story, its one of the classics.

Col Patterson eventually nailed one or both predators from a hide he built in a tree, using a goat as bait, if memory serves.

Here is the Wikipedia entry on the event, if anyone is interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eaters_of_tsavo

Last edited:
GREAT stuff Joe! You may not be the best speller, but your subject matter makes that irrelevant:D

That knife and rig is just AWESOME! Cool history story as well!

I had the pleasure of checking out Sam's knife at the ABS auction this year at Blade. He does VERY fine work, as does Gustaaf.

Peter

One of my favorite movies is the ghost and the darkness, it's a better telling than the actual book. :)

this knife is awesome, I can see Remington carrying it. It'd be perfect on the opposite hip as the howdah.

Red

OK, I'm a little slow but....
I just noticed the angles of the lines in the ladder pattern and the lines of the figure in the Koa match each other.
Keeping the pattern consistent.
My first thought was just that I liked everything about the knife.
The more I look at it the more that I can see the planning and thought that went into it.

Back