samurai sword 1450-1550 a.d.

first off, i realize this may not be the correct place to post this so i appologize in advance. with respect to that, we are all here for the love of knives,especially snody knives. as any one can see, mike has a great appreciation for japanese style blades and a great nack for making them, so i thought that you blade lovers,mike included, might enjoy this. in the event of my uncles death,i have acquired a samurai sword that was brought back from WWII by my grandfather.he pulled it out of the belly of a high ranking japanese officer who committed ritual suicide.i realize some people might question the ethics and morality of this,but its just what happened and thats the way it is.before my uncles death,he had the sword appraised and dated. it was dated between 1450-1550 a.d. and made by a bladesmith named yasu mitsu. the only paper i have to validate this is a letter giving ownership of the sword to me and signed by a notary public. i have no idea of where to begin looking for someone who could authenticate the sword and would appreciate any help than any of you could give me. i also realize this post is completely worthless without pics so i promise to post them ASAP.

Wow!! Not sure exactly where to post this either, maybe the custom forum. That's a crazy story......not sure who to contact either, but I bet it's worth some $$MONEY$$. I see some kind of power cord next to it, is it rechargeable? J/K, I couldn't resist. Good luck bro. :D

Wow!! Not sure exactly where to post this either, maybe the custom forum. That's a crazy story......not sure who to contact either, but I bet it's worth some $$MONEY$$. I see some kind of power cord next to it, is it rechargeable? J/K, I couldn't resist. Good luck bro. :D
yes its rechargable. the cord was made around 1400ad during the xang dynasty.it was left behind by a forgetful camera man and ended up in my hands

Love history man. That is what I teach. Despite most of mankind's despise of it...violence and wars are where many of the greatest innovations have taken place. That along with a close second of mankind looking to help out those less fortunate than he/she. We are the coolest evolution to date...And Snody is at the top of the food chain when it comes to great grinds and knives. But I still have to give a shout out to Horton. He is a legit force in the knife field and can make anything razzzzor sharp.

just to give all of you guys an update,thanks to the help of carto, i have found out over the last few days that the sword is legit,it may have been made even earlier than 1400 and is worth some serious $MONEY$. now all i have to do is find a way to ship it to japan to be polished and pappered and it will be good to go.

just to give all of you guys an update,thanks to the help of carto, i have found out over the last few days that the sword is legit,it may have been made even earlier than 1400 and is worth some serious $MONEY$. now all i have to do is find a way to ship it to japan to be polished and pappered and it will be good to go.

Do some looking on the net, there are reputable polishers here in the states. Be prepared, they charge by the inch. But if you have a rare blade it will pay off............

Or ill give you 200.00 if that will help..............LOL

Very cool blade. One question, how would one commit sepuku with a sword so long?

If you didnt have a tanto, you would wrap rice paper around the blade where you would need to hold it. Then you would insert it in your abdomen and cut right to left. Hopefully you would have an assistant to remove your head before you could cry out and dishonor yourself further....

This instruction is for informational purposes only................

If you didnt have a tanto, you would wrap rice paper around the blade where you would need to hold it. Then you would insert it in your abdomen and cut right to left. Hopefully you would have an assistant to remove your head before you could cry out and dishonor yourself further....

This instruction is for informational purposes only................

How can I get some of that shit you got mang?:D

Or... You could put the handle on the floor and just fall into it... right?.. No?.. Maybe?...

Back