1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SanMai Burt Foster bowie version

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Joeliton Satiuq, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Joeliton Satiuq

Joeliton Satiuq KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 22, 2018
    Hello friends, this is my latest completed piece. This knife was ordered by a customer looking for a version of some knives by the great Burt Foster. A piece that costed me a lot of work, but that in the end gave me great satisfaction.
    Burt himself enjoyed the knife and agreed on posting it here.
    The piece measures 430mm (17”) overall and 55mm (2.6”) wide.
    The 10 inches sanmai blade is composed of 420 stainless steel and 1070. W Turkish damascus bolster. Handle in exotic material and domed nickel silver pins. Buffalo leather sheath with alligator inlay and damascus steel clip in W turkish pattern.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Celphone pics.

2. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I don’t see anything wrong with that one! I bet the grip feels buttery smooth.

3. herdbull

herdbull Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Unique style handle and eye catching blade, I really like this overall presentation. Well done Sir.

4. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Fantastic tribute to a fantastic smith. You have a lot of skill!

Geraldo Leão likes this.
  5. EmrahEray

EmrahEray

Sep 23, 2017
    Woow! Excellent workmanship.

6. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That’s a superb looking knife and you did exceptionally well....congratulations to you, your customer, and Burt....well done.

7. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    nice craftsmanship !

8. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    Burt Foster is always my all time favorite maker. Love everything on this knife.

9. PaulDiStefano

PaulDiStefano

Nov 14, 2016
    Woah nice work! That's gotta be one of my favorite knives of all time!

10. Joeliton Satiuq

Joeliton Satiuq KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 22, 2018
    Hello friends, thank you very much for the compliments, I'm very happy that you enjoyed my work. and I am also a great supporter of burt foster's work.

Geraldo Leão likes this.