1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY! Week 7 of the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Laconico Gemini, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at midnight Saturday, Feb 16; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!
    Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Santoku

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Giovane Westerlon, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Giovane Westerlon

Giovane Westerlon

Nov 23, 2018
    Hello friends

This is my first post, if you have something wrong let me know that I correct

This was the first knife in the oriental style I made, it is a Santoku
    Blade forged in 1070 carbon steel. Selective temper. Hammered and satin forged brut finish
    Eighth-string, ferrule in Indian ebony, Gonçalo Alves, Spacer in Roxinho and Gonçalo Alves

Measures: 320 mm Overall length
    195 mm total length of sheet
    180 mm cutting area
    44 mm wide
    3 mm maximum thickness

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

Win Heger, Snody, Mike157 and 3 others like this.
  2. Snody

Snody Colorado Knifemaker Moderator

Sep 10, 2004
    I would use that knife! Nice work!

3. Grouser1741

Grouser1741

Apr 17, 2018
    Strong work sir

4. NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 14, 2017