Sanu and Bhimsen team up for a real winner. Pix but it's gone.

ff210934.jpg.orig.jpg

This one is already gone but I wanted to get up a pix because this is such nice work by both Sanu and Bhimsen.

Sanu has made us a near perfect 15 inch AK with silver mountings as shown. He has made this one a little lighter than usual, about 1.25 pounds. Fit is about perfect and finish is magic stone mirror. He has hardened the edge up to about 59 or 60 Rc. Great job.

And Bhimsen must have gotten an excellence bonus because this is the best work I have seen him do to date. Very nicely carved and varnished. What kind of wook he used I am not sure. The scabbard almost looks like the hill walnut but I am not a wood man so can't swear to it. Bhimsen is coming on strong. Sanu made the silver mountings for the scabbard and they are just about perfect.

Karda and chakma are small but very nicely done and also a little carving on the handles as you can see.

This rig is flying to rdnzl today but if anybody else would like one email me and we will try to get it for you.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (18,000+ posts)

Bill, Sanu and Bhimsen:
You guys are the best! Can't wait to see it in person!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ther's a giant sucking sound coming from bonney lake of late. Roger you got it bad! Beautiful khuk there,I love the scabbard, was this a special order or did you get lucky?

:
They just keep getting prettier and prettier and prettier and....Prettier!!!

How are the karda and chakma carried in that scabbard?
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

Each person's work is always a portrait of himself.

---- Samuel Butler.

Khukuri FAQ

Nice!

About now, we should be hearing from Jim Clifton that he is ordering one of these...right, Uncle Bill?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

It almost seems crass to ask, but about how much would a Khukuri like that cost? I'd love to have a Kobra with a sheath like that.

Bill,
I'm on vac.click on & see Koz,jumping on me AGAIN,right away he thinks i'm gonna nail this beautiful K,Koz,some of us have restraint! Notice Uncle didn't try an get me with a " Oh jim, something is on it's way to you,you will love it"!My friend gave some K's away to my family(they are happy campers),I now only have tree to my name(now that crazy NDN will have a comment)!I am in the market for maybe "a vill."Getting fired up Koz,NDN & Rusty??
jim

Bill,
I'm on vac.click on & see Koz,jumping on me AGAIN,right away he thinks i'm gonna nail this beautiful K,Koz,some of us have restraint! Notice Uncle didn't try an get me with a " Oh jim, something is on it's way to you,you will love it"!My friend gave some K's away to my family(they are happy campers),I now only have tree to my name(now that crazy NDN will have a comment)!I am in the market for maybe "a vill."Getting fired up Koz,NDN & Rusty??
jim

Bill,
jim

:
Uuuuhhhh, Jim first of all what the haill is "a vill"?
smile.gif

And as far as getting "fired up", I ain't the one who tripped on his key and posted 3 times.
biggrin.gif
hehehehe.

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

Each person's work is always a portrait of himself.

---- Samuel Butler.

Khukuri FAQ

Beautiful, Lordy , Bill I told you that
I'm in trouble already with the Boss of
this House, and then you show me something
like this. Just about to drown from the
drooling. lmao
biggrin.gif
Jerry ( Lucky Guy in Wa.)
Jeeeezzzzzzz !

------------------
Toys are very important
at any age !
Greetings from the GunMan

Yvsa, I think that Jim hit the return key three times is prima facie evidence that he likes this khukuri stylization. Wouldn't you agree?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Harry

BTW, Howard, I think the Khukuri FAQ should have the above picture in it as an very good example of woodwork.

[This message has been edited by Apothecary (edited 12-05-2000).]

Guys,
Sorry, for the triple posts!When i saw that K,i lost it.I woulgn't know what to do with a K that nice! Prob.just put it on the wall,in a glass case!Not as nice as "THAT" NDN'S Special,BUT NICE!
jim

Back