1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Satin finish Basic 9, can you still get them?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Gunner, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Gunner

Gunner Banned BANNED

Jul 15, 1999
    Hi all I saw that the onestopknifeshop only sells the Basic 9 with the black coating. Is there any company that sells the Basic 9 with the other finish? Thanks. geoff.

------------------
    I am the way the truth and the life no man shall come to the father but by me. John 14:6
    <><

2. tallpaul

tallpaul

Jan 5, 1999
    geoff, from what I understand the coated blade is it.there were a few early models in the satin. now you either buff it yourself or bead blast it. I have a basics 9 that I have been trying to kill that I might bead blast just for the heck of it.

3. Andy Prisco

Andy Prisco

Nov 2, 1999
    Satin #9's were an introductory bonus when the Basic line was introduced...all the Basics are coated now and will remain so, to my understanding.

------------------
    Andy Prisco, Manager
    Sharper Instinct, LLC
    Phone: 1-201-493-2469
    Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
    Fax: 1-201-493-2039
    Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
    Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

4. Mike Turber

Mike Turber

Oct 2, 1998
    If my memeory serves correcty only 35 were made and I got all of them.

If you see the Busse banner floating around on the forums you are looking at the first one we got.

Here it is...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As far as getting more, I will talk to Jerry but the black coating is probably the way to go.

------------------
    Best Regards,
    Mike Turber
    BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
    Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
    Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
    Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
    All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

[This message has been edited by Mike Turber (edited 03-24-2000).]