1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Satin hardware

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by reapinItUP, Apr 20, 2014.

1. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
    So I have an Emerson CQC-7 coming in and I want to customize it a little bit.
    Looking at some pictures of some 7's with polished hardware it really got me interested in doing the same.
    I know Nathawut has a really sweet pivot he makes so I'm trying to contact him on getting one of those.
    But for the body screws I was thinking switching them out for some satin finished flat torx screws. Can anyone
    point me in the right direction on what exact size I need and possibly where to get them.

2. SOC_MRN_Leon

SOC_MRN_Leon

Mar 9, 2012
    I hand sanded mine. But then I got a drill! Just put the screw in a drill, turn on and put against sand paper. Then scotch brite if you want to mirror it.

3. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
    Sound simple enough, Thanks!!
    Also was thinking of pimping a pocket clip like the one Steel Flame makes. I saw you posted a pic of a Journey man where you did the same.
    Just would need to get an Emerson bead and some how cut it in half so I could mount it on a clip. Any suggestions?

4. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    you can get the 3/8" 2-56 T8 torx screws from usaknifemaker in gold, gunmetal, black or stainless finish.

5. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
  6. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
  7. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    If you want a bull pivot from Nath, try contacting him on FB under Nathawut Customized.

8. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
    Got a hold of Nat. Gonna dress it up with a bull pivot and Ti clip :)
    Thinking of ideas for some pimp work to send his way also.
    Possibly something like an HD-7 look alike.

9. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Here's mine. Since this pic, I replaced the screws with countersunk flat heads and put a titanium thum disc on it. Polished everything else to remove the black finish. My custom scales.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

10. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Nice! I'm a big fan of ghost jade.

11. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    How much grit on the sand paper? Did you cover the threads on the screw before putting it on the drill?

12. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013
    Keep the photos coming, they are better than 1,000 words. But a Photo & Description is best IMHO.