Saturday Showing

08.07.19_youngamberchute.JPG

They are very nice Dave.
And I imagine close to, it not perfection upon inspection.
John's fit/finish is outstanding.

Love Joe Mason's engraving.

Thanks,glad that you like them.
Thad Buchanan is also doing wonderful work but it will take him a bit to catch up to John.
Dave

Thanks so much for the weekend knife shows!
A guy like me, who has little to no access to custom knives, gets a lot from your weekly picture posts:thumbup:

I love the New York Special, and the top knife. Is that a chute knife? It looks like one, but also looks somewhat different.

Count me in with Marcel and Jos, but what is it? A chute with a hunter guard or a hunter with a clip? I've always loved the chute design, with the exception of the upturned tip. This straight-tipped blade with the normal chute double guard just might be my Holy Grail chute prototype.

Thanks for showing, Dave, and setting my rusty wheels aturning.

Great knives: the sands of time of Loveless designs made by the very best artisans just never run out.

ken

I love the 2 chutes. The NYS has never been my cup of tea, from a design standpoint.

Dave, I know I'm always going to floored when I see your "Sat." posts... No exceptions here, they are wonderful pieces.. I was glad to see you mention Thad, I agree he is doing some great work... Best, Rich

(How about an "off topic" guitar post once in awhile ?)

The stag is clearly a Chute but I'd think perhaps the second one would be more hunter with clip. Sometimes makers can get pearl that can be sculpted. I have a Kressler that has a sculpted pearl handle.

I have never seen a JY knife in person but have seen TB knives and would certainly hope that JY is much better than TB for his price difference as I was not impressed with TB knives before or after the recent Blade show.

Back