Saw Tom Hank's "Cast Away": what knife?

Just saw Tom Hanks in "Cast Away," made me realize how vital a knife is in a survival situation. I presume most Chris Reeve fans would prefer the Project I or II One-Piece knives with their 7" blades, but Tom Hank's character would have been restricted to a small Sebenza or Umfaan on board an aircraft.

When I fly commercially, I only have my Umfaan and a Leatherman Micra on my key chain.

Any thoughts or opinions about the movie in regards to a survival knife?

I think he would have preferred the Projects over the Sebbys. He worked very well with the large awkward iceskate.

Good luck trying to get even a "keychain" knife on a plain anymore!:( It's too bad.

I think Tom Hanks' character would not have been restricted to any size knife, even in today's world. I beleive his character was one of an employee with Federal Express and he was flying on an Federal Express company plane. He was not on a commercial airline. Therefore he could carry whatever he wanted.

In today's world, on commercial airlines, you won't be carrying any blades (or nail clippers, for that matter).

Wonder if they will ban the ever deadly ink pen and/or pencil too ????:confused: :barf: It is crazy......:confused:

But it is a crazy world we live in now.......... :eek:

Back