• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Scammed on a shiro on here MIKEKU825

GCBC

Gold Member
got hit twice in a month

Attachments

• IMG_8262.jpeg
    IMG_8262.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
A little more information please,
keeps saying files are too big to attach to the thread and pms, deleted his profile after selling me a shirogorov and apparently some other guys stuff today.

It would be pointless to copy and paste the info here. Hacked and fraudulent accounts are made profitable when folks don't take proper precautions to protect themselves and their funds.

Too many folks have weak passwords which can fall prey to hackers, and too many folks are willing to believe that a deal that seems too good to be true is legitimate.

Now it's up to PayPal, credit card companies, banks and possibly law enforcement to resolve it further.

It would be pointless to copy and paste the info here. Hacked and fraudulent accounts are made profitable when folks don't take proper precautions to protect themselves and their funds.

Too many folks have weak passwords which can fall prey to hackers, and too many folks are willing to believe that a deal that seems too good to be true is legitimate.

Now it's up to PayPal, credit card companies, banks and possibly law enforcement to resolve it further.
IMHO, requiring multi-factor/2FA on accounts in order to sell would do much to prevent scammers from posting to hacked accounts. :thumbsup:

IMHO, requiring multi-factor/2FA on accounts in order to sell would do much to prevent scammers from posting to hacked accounts. :thumbsup:
That would ultimately be up to Spark Spark as the owner of this site.

Not paying F&F and asking for additional verification photos doesn't require a full site change.

Not paying F&F and asking for additional verification photos doesn't require a full site change.
It's a multi-faceted problem and I made a practical suggestion to improve account security. I have 2FA enabled to help prevent my account from being hacked and used to scam our community.

When possible, I avoid using companies whose policies are, IMO, antithetical to personal freedoms. You seem a low-volume trader advocating the use of a payment service most probably in violation of their TOS... 🤔

When possible, I avoid using companies whose policies are, IMO, antithetical to personal freedoms. You seem a low-volume trader advocating the use of a payment service most probably in violation of their TOS... 🤔
What payment service am I advocating? Because the only thing I suggested was not to use F&F. Especially given that almost every scam asks for F&F, Zelle or Venmo.

What payment service am I advocating? Because the only thing I suggested was not to use F&F. Especially given that almost every scam asks for F&F, Zelle or Venmo.
Fair enough; I assumed G&S was implicit.

Back