Scandi folder

Steve Smith, the maker, showed me one of these earlier this year. I asked him to make one for me. 1/8" O1 steel, Bocote wood handle. Full Scandi grind. Liner lock.
Heavy, sturdy, rugged, cuts seasoned oak like it were butter. I won't be batoning any logs, but it would probably do the job.

comis

Gold Member
Love scandi grind, and this looks quite functioning. Thanks for sharing!

Nice one!

I have an EnZo PK70 slipjoint in CPM S30V with curly birch, which is an excellent of the shelf knife

Very cool, looks nice and comfy for a folder. I'm appreciating that the scandi-folder market is slowly expanding, though I haven't bit the bullet on one yet.

I have not seen a production folder that really talked to me. I am very pleased with this custom knife. Fits my hand perfectly, and is pretty comfortable when carving wood.

Very, very nice. I have been on the hunt for a folding scandi like that. I tried the Enzo Birk, but found it a little too blocky. The handle on yours looks nice and comfy.

the handle is very comfortable for me. It's quite large though, as I wanted it to be. Measures an inch across at the widest part of the handle. Maker will thin that down for me when I see him again in November. That, and a few other small changes will make the knife perfect for me. I appreciate a maker that will work with you after the sale, to make all the little details just right.

BladeScout

Basic Member
Good looking knife. Congrats.

Good forum name as well - so you like quality rifles?:D

I have not seen a production folder that really talked to me. I am very pleased with this custom knife. Fits my hand perfectly, and is pretty comfortable when carving wood.
ENZO makes a nice scandi folder IIRC. Not in the same class as a purebred custom, but still....

BladeScout

Basic Member
......just now noticed; there is an ENZO PK70 in the BF sales forum, maybe check it out ...just for kicks.