Scandi Group Buy *Chat Thread*

Round 1 is in the books
2v2EoBhAExurAoi.jpg
Obviously wood handles can very greatly in color and grain patterns. I have several desert ironwood knives and each is very unique and different. Having just purchased my first Osage knife, the one third from the left really stuck out to me. It’s much darker than the other Osage and not as yellow in color. Any reason for this? I know Osage changes over time but that one seems different. Maybe the variation is completely normal and I just noticed it since I’m paying more attention to Osage now. I really like the color of that one.

Weird light on the back porch tonight but i wanted to get a picture up. Welcome to the Bush Hermit (Med size) or whatever its name will be. I am so glad I ordered this even though it was on blind faith having never seen one.

View attachment 1011936
Sweet! I’d love to see a pic in hand, if you have a chance. It was tough for me to commit to one based on the comparison pics alone.

Here are some size reference pictures for the Bush Hermit (Med). The handle is roughly a 1/16" shorter than the Bushnub and feels a little thinner but that may just be the differences in sanding. The tallest part of the belly in both handles is the same hight (1"). In the bottom picture my hand is 3 1/2" across my palm and 7 3/4" from middle finger tip to 1st wrist wrinkle. I am headed out to use it a bit to see how it feels while not on sitting on my couch.

09AF5C8C-99F7-44F8-8E20-2709242992B1.JPG 6EDEA06D-2EA7-4C60-B83C-85764C327E19.JPG

How come th we woodsman is not a recommended model for the Scandinavian grind?

The blade is so long that our tables can't handle it. We could build a special table that is very large I guess, but are you really interested in re-sharpening a scandi on a big knife?

VANCE VANCE - Just curious if you know when the next round of Scandi’s will be ready for release. Looking to buy something new and don’t want to get “surprised” with more than one knife purchase in a short time frame.

VANCE VANCE - Just curious if you know when the next round of Scandi’s will be ready for release. Looking to buy something new and don’t want to get “surprised” with more than one knife purchase in a short time frame.
its hard to say. we have several different processes going on at the same time.

i finished making all the OD scales today. At this point all the scales are completed. We have some A2 blades that are ready for the OD scales and need to get put into the glue-up rotation.

John Boy got started profiling the SS knives this afternoon. I hope to get started Fiddle texturing them next week

with all that said......probably 2-3weeks to wrap everything up..more like 3 if I had to guess..

i am a little confused though..
I had you down for a Ladyfinger which I shipped out already....did I miss something:eek:

Back