Scandi last ditch necker ?

Hey Mark have ya ever thought about doing a skeletonised scandi necker as a last ditch type knife.
I was thinking you could do them with a kydex neck sheath with a fire steel holder on the front.
I'm sure yours would look better but I was thinking something similar to these:eek:~

001mqm.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2011-07-20

I like the second one too though I think you may run into a problem. With the handle being so short the flair at the butt may dig into your hand.

I like the second one too though I think you may run into a problem. With the handle being so short the flair at the butt may dig into your hand.

Yeah I think you might be right buddy. I did a little more web searching last night and found this pic, this would probably be a better shape. I'd just stretch the handle a little so it becomes about 3 3/4" and the blade about 2 1/2".

scandinecker.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2011-07-21

Last edited:
I like the second one, too. Just a different handle shape, but I see that has been addressed.

How is L6 in holding a scandi edge? What angle do you do your scandi's at?

What about this (my photoshop skills are lacking)

I borrowed Pit's photo, it keeps the forward contour and trails to the back:

knife1500.jpg
[/IMG]

How is L6 in holding a scandi edge? What angle do you do your scandi's at?

Ask Ivan..... lol. Believe me, it holds. Let's just say after working with it since 2006 I have learned what to do with it. It all boils down to the preparation before heat treat and the steps involved in the heat treat. ;)

Mark does awsome work with L6:thumbup: all my blades from Mark hold a scarry sharp edge:eek::thumbup:

Back