Scandinavians, gathering 2015

Sorry for getting this out so late, things have been crazy the last couple of months...

We want to announce the second annual scandinavian bladeforum gathering...
Time is 11-13 September Friday to Sunday..
This will happen at a place called Skreia, about 50 mins drive from the Gardermoen Airport.

Contests, good food, godd drinks, good friends and good times..
Last year there was a boatload of metal there to test and more than enough wood to chop....

Hope to get even more people participating this year, so tell all your scandinavian friends....
(Don`t need to be members here, just have a genuine interest....)
Check out the pics from last year....

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1229047-SCANDINAVIAN-Picture-thread

Haha.. that's not so bad. ;)
Surströmming is about to hit Sweden.. premier is 20th Aug for the pure followers of tradition.
Hit that up on Google..

Ohh - thats not pizza.... thats something else...:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

Surströmming (pronounced [ˈsʉ̟ːˌʂʈrœmːɪŋ], Swedish for "soured herring"), is fermented Baltic Sea herring that has been a staple of traditional northern Swedish cuisine since at least the 16th century.

Just enough salt is used to prevent the raw fish from rotting (chemical decomposition). A fermentation process (which converts sugar to acids, gases, and alcohol) of at least six months gives the lightly-salted fish its characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidic taste.

When opened, the contents release a strong and sometimes overwhelming odour; the dish is ordinarily eaten outdoors. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the worlda.[1]

Last edited:
A food that is "ordinarily" eaten outdoors......shouldn't be "food"

A food that is "ordinarily" eaten outdoors......shouldn't be "food"

And that's coming from a guy that lives in a place where they say if it moves you can eat it ;)

Add some creole spices, hot pepper sauce and beer ... and darn near anything taste great!

Wish I could come!!! Spent some time in Stockholm,,not too far from you I imagine , beautiful country and better people. Miss that Blodpuddng with lingonberry jam for breakfast... Mmm

And that's coming from a guy that lives in a place where they say if it moves you can eat it ;)

Add some creole spices, hot pepper sauce and beer ... and darn near anything taste great!

Hahahaha. Point taken.

I'm sure it's delicious

Sounds like a great time but think it may be a bit of a drive from Ohio. Have a good time guys.

Garth

Garth, dude, Len and I made the swim to Blade.....
Come on over......

I have to pass again, after the vacation in Helsinki Finland, Tallin Estonia, St. petersburg Russia for a week in May and now almost 3 weeks in Venice, Pesaro, Bologna in Italy my bank account is totally empty, cant afford any new Busses either :(
But the vacation was awsome :)

Last edited:
I have to pass again, after the vacation in Helsinki Finland, Tallin Estonia, St. petersburg Russia for a week in May and now almost 3 weeks in Venice, Pesaro, Bologna in Italy my bank account is totally empty, cant afford any new Busses either :(
But the vacation was awsome :)

Good to hear you had a great vacation mate, there's always next year :thumbup:

I just wanna mention to those sitting on the fence about making the trip that we will need to hear from you within a couple of weeks since attendance at the gathering will determine how and where we will be setting up camp.

Unfortunately I am unable to join the gathering.

Fingers crossed, that I will make it next time.

I looked through the photos and it looks like a great time was had by all with the exception of the trip to the ER.
Was this the same time last year? Looks a bit chilly for September, but understand I'm sitting here in hot, humid Atlanta.
This is very tempting.........I've been burning the candle at both ends and could sure use a break. It would be nice to get away and have a U.S. Representation.

The last gathering was mid October..
Pretty sure it'll be warmer this year. :)

Back