Schrade 61OT at work yesterday

xbxb

Basic Member
Well this last week has been a little rough on me with all the physical work I had to do. I moved 9 cubic yards of dirt around the house (trusty wheelbarrow) and about 30 bags of mulch. I was constantly using my old Schrade 61OT. Slicing dicing and performing any kind of cutting that had to happen. From oranges and apples to opening bags and cleaning my boots. Any of you folks use an old pocket knife constantly around your home? Why not show a few pictures?:biggrin:

Hi Jim,
how are you? hope everything is fine :)
I never carry a knife when I'm home actually (just like I wear no watch at home, and so on), so for food and such, my kitchen knives see all the work.
I do grab a knife if I'm doing a bit of work outdoors, light gardening and such. Lately, I've been carrying this one (old picture, and knife soon to be modded :p):

4SumYsS.jpg

Fausto
:cool:

FAUSTO!!!!! So good to hear from you. Hope things are going good for you. Thanks for making contact with me. You're #1 Fausto:thumbup:

Mike,
I found out that a stout (and quite big) sheepsfoot blade is very useful when gardening (like a hawkbill or maybe even more).
Sometimes I even found a use for the other tools, although I'm planning to mod the knife into a single bladed sheepsfoot with the scraper/screwdriver tip and nothing else. No bail as well, possibly. I'll post some pictures if the modding work succeeds :rolleyes:

Jim,
glad to see you around again :)

Fausto
:cool:

I nearly always have a Cadet on me, but at home I frequently use either an Opinel #9 (here, out front of the house) . . .

jwgarden.jpg~original

or my old Imperial Prov fixed blade.

Dadsknife.jpg~original

I got an new Rough Rider Hawk Bill for my yard knife . Been using a butcher knife before I cleaned up good and put it in the Kitchen.

I often use an Opinel 8 while working on the lawn, but my Mora is there for heavier cuts and trimming that needs to be done.
My sodbuster is only used for sod, too.

Connor

Back