Schrade AT8OTS 100th Anniversary Certificate of Authenticity

Has anyone seen one of these certificates before and if so which knife set does it belong too,were they distributed by Schrade or SMKW.
_12_1.jpeg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, Schrade did not make a 100th Anniversary 8OT knife.
Schrade were going to sell a Blue Rope-cut bone handled knife, was called an ACB8.
The ACB knives, never made it to production - as Schrade went out of business in 2004 [the year of their 100th Anniversary]
This 8OT knife, could have been made by Schrade :confused:... Ken.
medium

Hi Ken,
Have you ever seen this type of certificate of authenticity with any of the 100th anniversary knives?.
Chris

Hi Ken,
Have you ever seen this type of certificate of authenticity with any of the 100th anniversary knives?.
Chris
Hi Chris, there was some "certificates of authenticity" used by SMKW, to sell off some of the items from the Schrade auction.
I have never seen that one. That AT8OTS sound like a Taylor number, I have always stayed away from any certificates.
A friend in the U.S. sent me a book of 100, last knives made certificates
I put a lot of time and money, into putting a 2000 to 2004 Collection together.
Most of the U.S. collectors, let the late items go.
I have some of the knives Schrade had made in China. Ken

I believe the knife above was made in the last days, before Schrade closed down.
It is well documented,
that knives were assembled using mismatched parts in the last days of Schrade.
The knife above is a "Classic Old Timer" with an "ACB blade".

Like my 8OT [above] with the 100th Anniversary shield, there is no paper-work, to indicate Schrade were thinking about selling them.
Although the "ACB" knives never made it into production, Schrade did print flyers of the set of "ACB Knives". and,
Were going to sell them in the second half of 2004. Ken
medium

I cannot vouch for the certificate you have, but there are 4 versions (that I know of) of the 100th Anniversary 8OT floating around out there. These are the only pictures I have seen of them and I saved them from the internet somewhere. The 'banner' version and the 'DS', double shield, version, the one above and the blue rope bone version. As far as the model number goes on your certificate, I just saw a flyer for a 100th Anniversary 34OT that has an A34OT catalog number. I couldn't find an 8OT model. So maybe your model number is legit for some version, but I can't say about the certificate. Like others here, I don't put much stock in them and have seen fakes. Hope this helps some, to peek your curiosity if nothing else. :rolleyes:

8ot100thanniversarybanner.jpg
[/IMG]
8ot100thanniversarybanner2.jpg
[/IMG]
8ot100thanniversary.jpg
[/IMG]
8ot100thanniversarybluebone.jpg
[/IMG]

I cannot vouch for the certificate you have, but there are 4 versions (that I know of) of the 100th Anniversary 8OT floating around out there. These are the only pictures I have seen of them and I saved them from the internet somewhere. The 'banner' version and the 'DS', double shield, version, the one above and the blue rope bone version. As far as the model number goes on your certificate, I just saw a flyer for a 100th Anniversary 34OT that has an A34OT catalog number. I couldn't find an 8OT model. So maybe your model number is legit for some version, but I can't say about the certificate. Like others here, I don't put much stock in them and have seen fakes. Hope this helps some, to peek your curiosity if nothing else. :rolleyes:

I can say without any doubt, all of the knives above were made by Schrade. [as all the photos are my photos-from my collection]
This is more of my 100th Anniversary knives. Ken
medium

This is the only set of these knives, I have seen. Codger has the Sharp-finger
medium

This Display was delivered to a hardware shop, in January 2004.
It came with six of each knife, for stock - I have a Cash-register reciept for all 72 knives.
Note: Both the 8OT and the 34OT have the Anniversary ribon shields

medium

This is a Schrade kinfe, that Schrade had made in China - for their 100th Anniversary.
medium

Last edited:
I can say without any doubt, all of the knives above were made by Schrade. [as all the photos are my photos-from my collection]

Thanks for letting me borrow your pics! :)
You must be the only one in the world that has those knives. Or at least the only one who shares pictures of them. I haven't made a quest to find them, but yours are the only ones I've seen. Never seen one for sale. I'm jealous! :D

Thanks for letting me borrow your pics! :)
I'm always happy to show what I have, found over the years.
Schrade had all of their boxes and tins made in China too, by 2004 when they closed down... Ken
medium

Last edited:
I just saw a flyer for a 100th Anniversary 34OT that has an A34OT catalog number. :rolleyes:

medium
The catalog numbers for the 100th Anniversary Schrade 34OT are:
The 34OTACP came in the clam pack and the 34OTA came in a tin, inside a white sleeve.

Last edited:
Back