Schrade collecting question

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by CHNeal, May 17, 2020.

1. CHNeal

CHNeal Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Hello all,
    I have a question for the group. As Schrade collectors do you have interest in knives Schrade made under contract for other company’s or just Schrade branded knives?

Larry303 and koldgold like this.
  2. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Many of us find them all of interest; some have more specialized interests.

Codger_64 and TonySal like this.
  3. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    CHNeal,
    I note you like the early Buck 301 knives, made by Camillus. [starting about 1970]
    As a Schrade Collector, this Buck 301, was the first [1966 ] Buck, made by Schrade.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    315 and TonySal like this.
  4. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    I personally never had much interest in anything that wasn't Branded/Made by Schrade, for Schrade..Schrade Cut Co, Schrade Walden, Schrade, Imperial,....that kept me busy enough building up to some 2500 knives after the Factory closure..and 'never to be seen again' Schrades from the Schrade factory Wall collection, were being sold off...the tragedy being the Factory Wall Collection should have been kept in tact, out of respect for the Generations of Family workers who had given their lives to making Schrades...money of course knows or shows little loyalty...another story...good question CHNeal...Hoo Roo

TonySal likes this.
  5. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Absolutely. And out of respect to Herman Williams, who was instrumental in creating that collection, and to whom was given the verbal promise that it would remain intact. To forestall further abuse, HW has (I believe) certain very important Schrade items that (I believe) will die with him and no one will be able to have them in an unethical manner. HW is one of my heroes. Oh... btw, I should always show a knife; correct? I like these cheap knives better than some high dollar ones. m1.jpg

JustinR, 315, TonySal and 1 other person like this.
  6. delmas2nd

delmas2nd

Apr 14, 2008
    i have several of HW's knives and each is a work of art

Attached Files:

Larry303 likes this.