Schrade Cut Co. & Old Timer Bone Handles

More Schrade Walden bone handles.

Noticing a nice 292 in your last set GM. Don't see that one too often. Drawing from the 53 Catalog. Nice showing.

292.jpg

Same set, in the upper left corner, middle of the trio... Is that an 832? Are the handles finished smooth? Is it smooth bone? I ask because I have an 832 and is kind of a head scratcher.

Beauties all guys, thanks for sharing, and yes Thawk that is an Ulster 5OT with milled liners, and Waynorth ,what did you do ? rob the schrade factory back in the fifty's, i'm jealous, i've never seen so many prestine Schrades, once again thanks for sharing, happy collecting, g.M

:D I can show them, now that the statute of limitations has kicked in . . .:D:D:D

:D I can show them, now that the statute of limitations has kicked in . . .:D:D:D

Ya, i figured it was something like that, seeing your knives always gets me excited about collectng again, thanks, and Thawk, yes that is a 832 with smooth bone handles, had it from before the factory shut down so its not an end of days knife, maybe a special order or something? always been a mystery to me , not a normal Schrade bone color, kinda looks like the bone on a couple Case knives i have from the early sixties, happy collecting,G.M

Ya, i figured it was something like that, seeing your knives always gets me excited about collectng again, thanks, and Thawk, yes that is a 832 with smooth bone handles, had it from before the factory shut down so its not an end of days knife, maybe a special order or something? always been a mystery to me , not a normal Schrade bone color, kinda looks like the bone on a couple Case knives i have from the early sixties, happy collecting,G.M

Well here is my 832. I never know what it is. It is also double stamped on the tang. And one more I found this morning. I forgot I had it so I just gave it a little pocket time today.

832_f-1.jpg
832_b-1.jpg

cattle_spear-1.jpg

I sure like 'em better in bone, peachseed or smooth!

I have a few Schrade USA in bone I can share,
plus an IXL.
sure like the S-W bone posted so far, excellant.

OTC72RvO.jpg

OTC80RvO.jpg

SCHIXLfrntClsd.jpg

OTLtdFrOinBox.jpg

OTLtdRvC.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup:Rusty:thumbup::thumbup:
Nice color on that 20T
Love the JC Higgins

Rusty, your knives are wonderful and your photography is absolutely professional !
roland

GM,
What is the bottom knife in this picture?
Can you post a closer view?
Thanks
DSC_6186.jpg

Rusty and Josey made me think I forgot my new bone Schrades, and in fact, I do believe my Moore Handley came from Josey. (Thanks!)

new_bone1.jpg

new_bone2.jpg

And Larry, since it caught my eye too, GM's jack you asked about is an Ulster 50OT with bone handles and milled liners. (No smiley for coveting :))

Thawk,
Thanks, I thought so.. :rolleyes:

Nice to see a few showing up.

Thanks guys for the comments on the knives and the pictures!!:thumbup:

One set I've never thought of collecting is the Parker Worker series. I do like the bone on your Trapper example thawk. I may have to add them to the list of wants.

Russell

Hey Menace - Could I bother you for a solo picture of that Schrade 292 you have with the fish shield? I love that knife! Thanks, and hope things are going well up your way. No hurry on the pic, just when you get a chance. Thanks

Rusty - I've always wanted a complete set of the TM4 series, but always seem to miss out or blew the opportunity. That set comes in different shades of bone. Not sure if there are different shades per each of "workers" but I've always liked the way they did the bone/jigging on that set. I think at the time, I nailed that one because I kind of have a thing for the linerlock single blade trapper pattern. One of many "things" when it comes to Schrades.

Last edited:
Here is my bone handled 50OT.

Dale

Attachments

• Ulster 50OT mark side.jpg
    Ulster 50OT mark side.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 12
Now I know where all the bone handle Schrades are. This is probably a stupid question for all the experienced collectors, how do you tell if the handle is bone? Or is it called that because the material looks like bone? Tom

Tom, don't worry about a question appearing stupid. it's taken all of us a long while to figure out what's going on with knives.
bone means bone, usually cow shin bone. from the early-mid '60s on, Schrade switched from bone to Delrin, a plastic made by Dupont. but they figured out how to make the Delrin look like bone, esp. the jigged Delrin, so it's often very hard to tell from pics and sometimes hard to tell even with knife in hand.
we've all bought ebay Schrades thinking they might be bone, but they turn out to be Delrin.
so this thread is to show the ones that are bone.
roland

Roland makes a good point; it is not always what the seller says, nor even what it appears to be.
On rare occasion I have had it work in reverse, you think you are buying a Delrin knife and it is actually bone.
That is very rare but it is VERY NICE when it happens. :D:D:D

Dale

Back