Schrade Model 141

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the date of manufacture etc. for a model 141 fixed blade knife. The knife has a stacked leather washer type handle, and the pommel is in the shape of a silver bear/dog. My uncle gave me the knife about 20 years ago I think. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

almost forgot, the blade reads Schrade-Walden
N.Y. U.S.A.
The knive came to me with a tooled leather belt shieth

I recieved a response to my email to Schrade about the 141. Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the info. Wasn't really interested in value, just history. Since this post got a few views, here is the info they sent in case anyone is interested.

Dear Aaron:

Thank you for your e-mail. Although the model #141 was manufactured from 1955 until 1973 with both leather-wrapped and wooden handles, they were only manufactured with the bear head butt piece from 1961 until 1965.

Their last suggested retail price in this knife without the bear head in 1973 was $6.00. To determine if there is any current collector's value for your knife, please contact Mr. Bernard Levine.
Mr. Levine is the Author of LEVINE'S GUIDE TO KNIVES AND THEIR VALUES, and we are certain he can be of assistance regarding value.

We hope that this information is helpful to you, and if we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Best Regards,

IMPERIAL SCHRADE CORP.

Debbie Chase
Administrative Assistant

Back