Schrade Pro Hunter PH1 Made in USA

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Ulf Andersson, Feb 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ulf Andersson

Ulf Andersson

Feb 14, 2020
    Hi everyone, I’m new here, my first post.

I have a Schrade PH1, bought it in the first half of the 1990’s. It’s made in USA, not China.
    With the black handle. Paid about 90 USD for it in Sweden. It’s in ”mint condition”, I’ve just used it on one moose when I was hunting.
    Now my question: do you think it has any special value? For collectors?
    I see that the online stores sell the China made version for approx. 20 USD.

I think it’s a fantastic knife.

2. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Not sure it has any collector value although the US-made ones are certainly better than the POS China version with crumby 7Cr17MoV .

3. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    If you used it on a moose, it's not in "Mint Condition". Mint means the way it came from the factory.
    Collector wise, you'd probably be hard pressed to get your money back on it here in the states.
    I've used one on whitetails for 30+ years. One of my favorite all time knives. A Loveless design iirc.
    Use it and enjoy it!--KV

4. Black Oak Bladeworks

Black Oak Bladeworks Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jun 5, 2019
    Welcome! Unfortunately I doubt it has appreciated in value especially if it is used. I would say use it and enjoy it!

5. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Pictures?

6. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Use it and enjoy it.

This is really a great hunting knife. I'd put it right up there with the Sharpfinger as far as effective, usable hunting blades go.

You won't get rich on this piece, but if you are a hunter you'd be very well served by using it in the field.

7. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Cool knife, but doubt it is collectible. I got a used one a few years back just to have.

8. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    First, as you are new and this is your first post, let's make sure you have read and understand the rules, especially this one linked right at the top of the page: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-members-please-read-this-what-is-my-knife-worth.904093/

You aren't allowed to ask for the value of a knife unless you are a gold member or higher. That is a privilege that is paid for.

As for the collectability of your knife, like was said above, I doubt people buying these knives to collect are very interested in used ones. If I were you, I'd keep it and use it yourself. I have an Old Timmer USA made Schrade fixed blade from the early 90s as well. It's a fine knife.