schrade rancher

what does th5 stand for on my schrade rancher
Moving to the Schrade Collector's forum.
It's fairly slow moving, but likely the only place you might find a definitive answer.

Note: I Googled up a reference to "TH-5 Schrade Rancher" that has green bone covers (sometimes incorrectly called "scales")
And I see a "TM-5 Schrade Rancher" on another site that has brown bone covers.
Maybe it's a color code?

Moving to the Schrade Collector's forum.
It's fairly slow moving, but likely the only place you might find a definitive answer.

Note: I Googled up a reference to "TH-5 Schrade Rancher" that has green bone covers (sometimes incorrectly called "scales")
And I see a "TM-5 Schrade Rancher" on another site that has brown bone covers.
Maybe it's a color code?
ty

my redbone schrade rancher th=5 knife what does th5 syand for

We need to see a picture of the tang stamp. Sometimes the stamps would get deformed etc and look a little "wrong". I'm thinking your knife is stamped "TM-5". The color coding was represented on the serial numbers with "B" for brown, "G" for green and "R" for red iirc

CKUP2Ij.jpg

xAtQDih.jpg

pSqMGsq.jpg

The TH or "THE TRADESMAN SERIES" were shipped one at a time in the box above.
For the knife collector, you could sign up for the full numbered set [one at a time when made]
Schrade supplied a Display for your numbered set. They also came in 3 bone colours!
I have a full set of the Tradesman Series in the original postage box, the set's original Display box and the set's knife boxes. Ten years a go, these knives were selling on eBay separately for about $20 - $25 each.

Last edited:
Back