Schrade Red Handle Paratrooper knife Age Please

I found this knife at an yard sale today. Tang is marked "SCHRADE WALDEN N.Y. U.S.A. STAINLESS". Blade opens but only part way. The second blade is rope rigging cutter. I'm new on this forum but will try to figure out your photo process. I want to download images from my computer is that possible and what is your desired size? I do not know how to get URL of images in my documents. I'm 81 so alittle slow on some internet features and processes. :) Richard the old retired guy in FL.

Hi Richard! I go to tinypic.com and upload my photo there then copy the URL and paste it in a post here.

...I'll bet it's the one from our old USCG 'bat belt'
Not the best knife around but real cool ... that's why they were always missing....

No one posted the age of knife, but thanks to those that replied. So I sold it to a friend for $24.00 and be done with it. I thought replys would come to my email but guess like posting pics here I did not do it correctly. Richard

No one posted the age of knife, but thanks to those that replied. So I sold it to a friend for $24.00 and be done with it. I thought replys would come to my email but guess like posting pics here I did not do it correctly. Richard
Gosh Richard. Sorry you were disappointed. But without pictures, it can't be positively identified. I gave you instructions to post them the day you first asked. And kept checking back in the fifteen days since to see if you had posted them. The marking you mentioned on the blade would be pre-1973. If it is the right blade in the right frame. Sorry we couldn't guess what it was.

Back