Schrade Silver Anniversary 340t - What kind of steel?

Fixall

Brian
Dealer / Materials Provider
Hello, I hope you are all doing well today!

I recently purchased a 1984 Schrade Silver Anniversary 340t with silver bolsters and badge. I'm assuming that it's probably 440a stainless steel as it's a collector piece but I figured someone here would know for sure.

The main blade is stamped "S.S." but I imagine that probably stands for sterling silver rather than stainless steel.

OEoayZU.jpg

9nVjSCD.jpg

Thanks!

Same boat, I always assumed it was a normal carbon 34OT all spiffed up but you never know. The flyer and the paperwork included with knife say the same thing. No mention of the type of steel. I'm almost tempted to put a spot of mustard on the rear tang of one of the secondary blades. The dot might be worth it to satisfy my curiosity. I'm not brave enough for the apple plunge!

I'll have a definite answer for you guys shortly, lol. All my knives are users so it's no biggie. :)

oPtbzAl.jpg

Thanks for that! When Schrade left something vague it was usually for a reason. I thought these might be stainless because they didn't specifically mention "high-carbon cutlery steel". One of my old ones had a spot of rust on one blade which confused me.

No problem! Yea, I would have preferred a high-carbon steel, but that's ok. This little guy isn't going to be seeing a lot of hard use so keeping it sharp shouldn't be an issue. :)

Back