Schrade Walden 154 Switchblade

Saw one at a pawn shop as I was doing other business, didn't get around to picking it up as it was in a show case. I don't want this to end as a "I wish I had of", or a "I wish I hadn't of".
It was a decent price in my mind, but that doesn't mean much in the real world.
If I get around to going back and looking at it, what should I look for. I know cracks in the handles etc, but what about the function? Should it have a strong snap, should the blade have a audible click going back into place, or just feel it lock in?
Should the "button" be easy to move, should it have spring tension even when open?
I just don't know what to check for to see if it is in good shape, or needing repairs.
As far as looks, I could tell it had been carried, laid around, gotten dirty, as the handles had lost any shine, but didn't see any cracks or gouges on the side facing up...
Thoughts???

Mountain wind, I'm sorry you haven't received you answers yet. I am not qualified to give an informed opinion on these automatics. You might try asking in the automatics sub forum here on blade forums.

Thanks. I have only saw these mentioned twice in many many years, so there is probably not many people who know much about them.

Back