Schrade's HERITAGE knives..photos knives and original paperwork

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Larry303, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    G'day, Following Aggies' question re his stockman with 2 clip blades, I got out my Heritage boxes and there was indeedy a Heritage knife with two clip blades the 8041 Whittler from 1984 however I have posted photos of the small clip on that whittler together with the spey on the stockman <same as Aggies' knife> and the swedge is distinctly different from Aggies' photo of his knife as my photos will show you...my conclusion is definately someone machined the spey to a small clip shape of the Whittler of the same year to create themselves a whittler blade rather than the rather less useful spey unless you have some cattle to nut!.... photos show original boxes and paperwork which describes why Schrade created this series and the bone and colors used...the signed certificate by Marie Cathcart in each box certifying that she had 'personally' inspected each knife is interesting and almost from a bygone era...<a 'modern' Schrade with a signed certificate by 'Pong Long' loses something I feel....>....also photos of the 8041 Whittler equivalent produced in 1982 for the Mountain Whittler Knife Club Asheville,NC <blade etch 1 of 100 and this is bolster Serial #038.>beautiful red bone scales..this was the pre-cursor to the 8041 Whittler produced 1984 also shown.>...that is in brown bone as is the 2941 Heritage Trapper from 1986.....enjoy...Hoo Roo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    more photos...

Attached Files:

3. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    and the actual paperwork wording for anyone interested...

Attached Files:

4. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    ...final photos of paperwork...

Attached Files:

5. aggiebuilder2003

aggiebuilder2003

Jan 7, 2009
    Thank you Larry. I only have one heritage with the box and paperwork and it has been so long since I've had need for the box (since they are all in display) that I forgot about the paperwork.

Chuck

6. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Re-birthed to instigate further discussion and hopefully more photos....Hoo Roo

7. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Schrade Heritage photos for interest..Hoo Roo

8. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    I found this Heritiage Red Bone Knife, with a big crack in the bone handle.
    Before and after, with new Bone Handles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ea42

ea42 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Dale does some beautiful work, got those covers matched on perfectly.

Eric

10. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I picked this one up off the bay; came without a box, so no help there. It has the Heritage shield, but no Heritage tang stamp on the clip master. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bucksforus likes this.
  11. Tchase

Tchase

Aug 17, 2015
    Schrade did make the Green Bone Heritage set as well as the Red Bone. Might be that your knife was sent in for a blade repair and got the standard blade as a replacement or it could be an end of Schrade Days knife thrown together before they closed the factory.

Tom

12. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    What tang stamp does your knife have ?
    I'v seen them with the carbon 8OT Schrade U.S.A. blades... Ken

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    It's got the standard SCHRADE over U.S.A. 8OT tang stamp, but the 1983 Heritage shield.

14. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    Red Bone 8OT.jpg
    Why I asked about the tang stamp on your knife.

In 1983-85 Schrade made some nice bone knives.
    The Heritage knives, had the Heritage tang stamp and shield.
    The 1985 Red bone 34OT Sterling Silver, used the old Schrade Walden tang stamp.
    And the 1985 Red Bone set of 3 knives, also used the old Walden tang stamp.

I believe Schrade, also made an 8OT like your knife.
    [without any shield - see photo]
    Note: the 8OT blades are carbon - the Camillus blades are stainless.

I also believe, Camillus made the main blades for the Heritage knives.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    bucksforus likes this.
  15. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Picked this up recently. Has the Schrade Heritage tang stamp but overstruck with two x's indicating a second?
    Smooth Red Bone but no shield & no indication of ever having one. I'm not a Barlow guy but I like this one.
    DSCN0041.JPG 20171018_163244.jpg 20171018_164352.jpg

bucksforus likes this.
  16. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Oldtymer, that's a neat looking barlow. I picked up another Heritage with some interesting colored bone, mark and pile sides pretty different from each other. Would you guys call this red bone or brown bone?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Looks like it has more Red than Brown. Very nice knife.