Schwan's Food

Hi all, I pick this Schwan's Food Set up the other day... Does anyone know anything about these... I will try and post more pics when I can... I got some other knives too, but will share them later...

Thanks ITE

Click twice on pics to make them bigger...
Schwan's red set...

Fire...

Dairy

Ice cream plant

Ice cream truck

110 Schwan's

DM, bucksway told me about them last year and I got lucky and got this set the other day... I would like to fine out more about them... I know 334dave had a 110 and a 112 at one time... ITE

yes i did
the 112 was bought for a friend that drives for Schwan's ..
i was getting the 110
well bucksway decided that he wanted the 112 so i had to trade my friend the 110 to get the 112 for him..have not been able to get a 110 since ..
if you chage your mind on keeping them let us know..
oh they were a award to managers on sales goals
sway has two of the 112's now..

I have a 1998 110 that has a gold fill blade and a medallion with the company logo in the handle. I think these were done by a third party but I can't be sure.

in the LIST of spichal project knives a Schwan's showes up

i was once told that if it was not on the list it was not a buck issue.
i sent images of the John Wane issue to folks and was told it was
NOT buck at all !
that it was after market work franklin mint had done and even Joe said he did not think it was something buck had part of..

bit over a year later it shows up on the list as a buck issue!

in checking it seems that at times buck sent blades to have art work done and returned to put in blades for customers..
Buck did not always use Arum Etching!
there was, i believe, also a barren's (?) etching used?
2 centoves worth..
my thought was that some times a company might have had blades sent to a prefered company for the work and then returned to buck to be put in frames..
and possible that buck did not keep records of who did the art
i think this is what happened to my DUKE issue knife
that they found a mention in the paper work some place and is why it showed up on the list later..

comments?

I have a 1998 110 that has a gold fill blade and a medallion with the company logo in the handle. I think these were done by a third party but I can't be sure.

RM, I have that one too... I'm missing 1 knife from that set #2... Will post pics soon... RM, do you have any pics of yours???

334dave, so do you think that the Schwan's knives were made by Buck or we still don't know... Thanks...

Those are pretty cool!!

I always see the Schwann's truck running around here and now, I will look at it differently!

but I can't be sure.

all i said is that the 'list' shows a Schwann's 110 issue
and implied that the list can change
and that i understand that Buck used company's other then Arum..

we still don't know... Thanks...

yep 'early...that's about it ... we dont know
there are many knives that the final call is only
well it (does or does not) look 'buckish' enough to say we made it
or it simply it "could or could not" have been make by Buck..

and that dont make it any less or any more desirable
while the schwann's art is good there is some i like better
as i said i got the one for me...
it is a fantastic business related buck!

to any one collect any thing because you like it
not because you think some one will pay more for it later

i have david yellowhorse knives that are not Buck issues..

334dave, I bought the Schwan's knives because I like them... The red set and the blue set (that's what I call them).... The knives all look good in there case... I like 110s and 112s so I couldn't pass them up... It was buy some new 09 knives or these... Well I got the old ones, the Schwan's... I tell everyone I know to buy what they like, not what someone else likes... But I do look for good deals... Just in case someday I have to sell my knives, I can get most of my money back... Anyway did they made a Schwan Sheath for them???

Thanks,
ITE

334dave, I tell everyone I know to buy what they like, not what someone else likes... But I do look for good deals... Just in case someday I have to sell my knives, I can get most of my money back... Anyway did they made a Schwan Sheath for them???
Thanks,
ITE
yes a lot of us have that thought !esp in these tough times.!!@!
the only time i sell is if i get a better one of one i have..
like i picked up a extra battle ship iowa with another knife a while back
now there are others i want so what do i do.. ????:confused:

the 110 had a normal sheath
the 112 i dont recall clint can answer that as he has it
NO sets i know of come with sheaths:(

I wish they did come with sheath to go with there knives, that would be great... I collect different sheath too... I was thinking of buying a hunter set (5 knives) but it has no sheath and for the price it should... All gold etching, it has some great art work on them... If they had sheath I would have them already... Maybe!!!! :)

Goose, the Schwan's Angus burgers sounds good... Never had one... Burgers and Buck knives, is a good idea... :D

ITE

To get the 'red' set [2003 series,serial no 007 and 013 are on the back of my blades] you had to exceed your sales quota for sept,oct,nov,and dec..of 2003...the 110 and case were a bonus if you made 4 strait months...I say they are a Buck issue..The lazer etch handles are "Buckish" They are on the list..and the gold etch/filled blades are also high quality...Joe!!!!! Help us out!!! do you remember this series???...... I really like them! Gold 112's are rare........

Bucksway, I like your numbers 007 and 013.... Joe, we do need some help on this set... The Red Set! ! !

Just for your information there are 501's also. The blade is plain and the scale has the Schwann's logo lazered on.

Just for your information there are 501's also. The blade is plain and the scale has the Schwann's logo lazered on.

Shazam, I didn't know that... Do you have any pics of it... Is there any more Schwan's buck knives we don't know about????

ITE

Back