Scrap Yard Sword!!! . . . . Killer Cool!!!!

I already have a 1311 with a modded micarta handle so I don't need this but I SOOOOO want it!

I just think you should use a different model to demonstrate the blade's capabilities, somebody a little more humanoid. My man Ox slaying stuff with that knife isn't that impressive. I believe that dude could destroy stuff with a wet cardboard paper towel roll. In truth I don't know if his name is Ox, and I definitely don't want to piss him off, but if he ain't called Ogre or Balrog or something like that, there's a moniker out there somewhere missing a great opportunity. Oh, and I think I'll be in for one, as well.

I just think you should use a different model to demonstrate the blade's capabilities, somebody a little more humanoid. My man Ox slaying stuff with that knife isn't that impressive. I believe that dude could destroy stuff with a wet cardboard paper towel roll. In truth I don't know if his name is Ox, and I definitely don't want to piss him off, but if he ain't called Ogre or Balrog or something like that, there's a moniker out there somewhere missing a great opportunity. Oh, and I think I'll be in for one, as well.

His name is SQUATCH!!

I didn’t know if in keeping with the topicality it might be Oxmandu or something like that. I’ll call him, Sir out of concern for safety. Apologies for getting off topic…it really is a great looking blade!

Well its actually Scrap Squatch over on the Scrapyard site. Yeah calling him Sir and and throwing him chunks of raw meat keep him at bay.

Last edited:
Haven't bought any Busse or kin in about 4 years. This may change that if the price is right. Reminds me of when I used a 20 oz. framing hammer to beat my 1/300 BM through a 8" treated timber post for a deck about 13 years ago;)

Sub-$300 would be good. Sub-$200 was unrealistic. The 1311 was a bit over $200, but that was almost a decade ago, and it was only available coated. Conversely, over $300 would be getting into the same territory as the largest INFI resC blades (albeit from some years back).

To some degree pricing is influenced by cost of raw materials and production efficiency. Clearly not true for purely luxury goods. Jerry just informed us of the expansion in tooling, and presumably, capacity. He certainly has years of data on price elasticity to help set a price point that does not give away the farm, maintains a degree of cachet for limited edition goods, and is still in reach of most customers. The improved capacity can be used to increase availability, reduce the price, or some combination of both. There must be some upper limit for what can be charged for a CNC machine carved blade of non-exotic steel with an injection molded handle. We shall see.

Back