Scrapivore LE Deserved A Compact Custom Leather Sheath

Azula Gun Holsters

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Wanted a flat and compact leather sheath for the Scrapivore LE. No need to ever be without a knife. Can be stowed in a bag, pack, pocket or worn on your belt.
Sheath comes in at 1.2 ounces and will take a belt up to 1 1/2" wide.

I knew the DC SR101 would not do well with the wet molding process so the first step was to degrease the knife and apply Brownells Oxpho-Blue. Worked very well and no issues with wet molding.

Was going to extend the back shield up the whole handle of the knife but found it was difficult to remove the knife from the sheath as the Scrapivore LE is so small and flat. Left the top portion of the handle uncovered so it is easy to remove the knife from the sheath.

SCRAPIVORE LE WITH PROTOTYPE CUSTOM MOLDED LEATHER SHEATH
GUAGyEo.jpg

0wJnDb2.jpg

NTqj7fO.jpg

XCXakr5.jpg

ZzSFWp5.jpg

Does that stuff go bad? I've had a small bottle of liquid oxpho sitting in a cabinet for a few years now.

Edit to add - Didn't the original run of DC Scrapivore LE's come with the extra hole and pry bar in right and left handed configurations? The ones from this round of grab bags don't have either. Scrapivore LE 2.0??

Last edited:
That is a beautiful sheath, I have a Scrapivore I need a good sheath for... will send you PM. Mine's a little different than yours though, I'd likely have to send it in since it has been reground.

Something like this BIG DC Scrapivore of yours would have me back in a flash... no coating (BARF) on skeleton handled (I can wrap or add scales) SR-101 (much cheaper) is Win/Win/Win for this guy.

If they started producing stuff like this on the regular at a reasonable price point (reads : much closer to the rest of the industry), I'd be a customer on the regular again... othermise MEH.

BIG Double Cut was a step back in the right direction for me, but my days buying a $350 6" production knife such as the Flak Jak are pretty much water under the bridge.

Does that stuff go bad? I've had a small bottle of liquid oxpho sitting in a cabinet for a few years now.

Edit to add - Didn't the original run of DC Scrapivore LE's come with the extra hole and pry bar in right and left handed configurations? The ones from this round of grab bags don't have either. Scrapivore LE 2.0??

The hammered silver scrapivores came that way, the DC didnt, as far as I can tell, I have both.

I was thinking about Oxpho-Blue for mine. I guess I'll be doing it.

And it's done. The knife started like this:

TXgOsqN.jpg

Oxpho-Blue sticks to SR-101 a lot better that INFI. After one coat:

9eIwyX1.jpg

And after a second:

2QkNnBG.jpg

Now I just need a sheath. And maybe some paracord to wrap the handle.

Last edited:
Had it wrapped in Paracord but did not like it. Defeated the whole point of having a thin and sleek go anywhere knife. It is now perfect with the flat and compact sheath. The oxpho blue held up well to the wet molding. Going to coat all the SR101 strippers with it.

Thinking of drilling a hole in the rear of the handle and installing a small para cord loop. Will use the small diameter cord rather than the thicker 550 cord.
Great little knife and prefer it without the para cord wrap.

VSt8yyu.jpg

Used the scrapivore today to help cut the template for the Basic 8, Ratmandu and public defender sheath. Not ideal but worked.
Getting ready to put a wicked edge on the Scrapivore. Might be too sharp.

Wanted a flat and compact leather sheath for the Scrapivore LE. No need to ever be without a knife. Can be stowed in a bag, pack, pocket or worn on your belt.
Sheath comes in at 1.2 ounces and will take a belt up to 1 1/2" wide.

I knew the DC SR101 would not do well with the wet molding process so the first step was to degrease the knife and apply Brownells Oxpho-Blue. Worked very well and no issues with wet molding.

Was going to extend the back shield up the whole handle of the knife but found it was difficult to remove the knife from the sheath as the Scrapivore LE is so small and flat. Left the top portion of the handle uncovered so it is easy to remove the knife from the sheath.

SCRAPIVORE LE WITH PROTOTYPE CUSTOM MOLDED LEATHER SHEATH
GUAGyEo.jpg

0wJnDb2.jpg

NTqj7fO.jpg

XCXakr5.jpg

ZzSFWp5.jpg

Did this sheath ever make it past the prototype stage?

Back