Screw up giveaway. 52100 Hawk w/ stabilized curly maple

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Winning # is 330 from Random.org, looks like Bonfide is our winner with 331 guessed before 1ShotKill. Thanks to everyone who participated.

So I screwed up big time.

I had a clamping error and ended up with the dreaded black line of death at the top of the scale. I was going to throw this hawk away but the scales are gorgeous and it will still make a great tool. This is the most comfortable hawk Ive made yet. Since the scales are a half inch thick each when cut the flare at the bottom can be very wide which makes a very comfortable and secure handle.

I gave this hawk a light patina finish on the head, gave it a shaving sharp edge and called it a day. It will come with a screwed up kydex sheath as well
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the rules for the giveaway.

Pick a number between 1 and 1000 and post it. I will use a random # generator to pick the winner. If you post the same number as someone else the winner is whoever posted first. If the number is not guessed the closest person wins. If there's a tie whoever posted first wins. Contest ends Sunday night at 11:59

photo_zps92e7446e.jpg

photo_zps759b13a9.jpg

And the screw up. Pretty damn terrible.

photo_zps5cd6dd9a.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome giveaway man! Some of us are too poor to afford such nice things, lol.

That looks great KalEl! As its a tool and not a decoration I don't see any problem with it. Thanks for the chance at this one.

I'll guess 248.

It doesn't look that bad at all, you could have issued it as a blem.. Regardless, nice giveaway! 617 :D

I'll take 48 that looks awesome to me Thanks for the generous giveaway.

Gorgeous! Very generous of you as well, thanks for the chance!

I'll go with 813.

I, too, can see no fault with it...

Thanks for the chance, I'll take 777.

I'm an avid, although broke hawk collector. You definitely could've sold that, but its good to hold abnormally high standards. I'll take #13.

Wow, that's very generous. Thank you for the chance. I will take 817, my wife's b-day. Thanks again!

Back