SDS knives

SDS

I haven't had much time lately to put up pictures of the stuff I'm working on now so I thought I'd post up some pictures of knives I have made in the past. If anyone has a photo of an SDS knife, especially in use, please post them up.

IMG_0534.jpg

A mini axe. Just about the right size for sharpening pencils.

044.jpg

A couple of skinners.

021-1.jpg

A cable damascus blade, copper guard, whitetail handle.

SDS

006_renamed_22304.jpg

A rather large D2 bowie with full flat grind, elk antler handle with bois d'arc spacer and copper guard/butt.

012_renamed_23635.jpg

My M.U.K. (military utility knife) 3/16" D2, SS fittings.

007-4.jpg

Elk antler, mild steel guard, and copper washed damascus blade.

006-3.jpg

Stabilized curly maple Nessmuk.

SDS

002-2.jpg

Camp/utility knife.

004-2.jpg

EDC with orange jigged bone.

006-2.jpg

Bois d'arc and D2.

006.jpg

Something a little smaller.

SDS

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

A pretty obvious theme knife.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

A couple of drop point hunters.

SDS

Sweet blades - I like that little hatchet!

Here's my SDS camp knife. I stripped some lengths of wood to use for a walking stick I'm making for my nephew. It's got a wicked convex edge on it from Richard J. The grind at the end isn't as bad as it looks on the pic. It's just the angle the picture was taken at.

Not sure if you'll notice but I scrubed the blade quite a bit because I liked the blade to be a bit brighter than the finish it came with. Great knife!

I really love this knife. The jimping on the spine is great. I really enjoy how the handle has a bit of a hook at the end to allow for a secure grip

2009-12-17202053281.jpg

2009-12-17202053531.jpg

You were a busy boy. That's a heckuva pile of shavings there. Glad to see the knife is getting used.

Thanks for posting,
SDS

Sweet blades - I like that little hatchet!

Here's my SDS camp knife. I stripped some lengths of wood to use for a walking stick I'm making for my nephew. It's got a wicked convex edge on it from Richard J. The grind at the end isn't as bad as it looks on the pic. It's just the angle the picture was taken at.

Not sure if you'll notice but I scrubed the blade quite a bit because I liked the blade to be a bit brighter than the finish it came with. Great knife!

I really love this knife. The jimping on the spine is great. I really enjoy how the handle has a bit of a hook at the end to allow for a secure grip

2009-12-17202053281.jpg

2009-12-17202053531.jpg

Beautiful blade Bro!

Back