Sduph2

I recall yet another variation of the Loveless designed Schrade PH2 at a recent knife show. It had wooden handles and has the Ducks Unlimited inked onto the blade. I checked the official web site and saw it for $54. Are there any distributors out there who are carrying them? Or are they from Schrade direct only?

BTW, I feel that this great feeling little hunter should stay in the lineup permanently. This and its bigger brother PH1 were discontinued as a cataloged item years ago. Perhaps one with micarta scales may sell well. Can probably be retailed at below $100...

Who else agrees?

Nakano

I'm not sure who carries them, but I agree that it would be nice if Schrade still carried these in their catalog. They are a great size and shape for an outdoors knife. While they're at it, they could bring back the Deerslayer, too. A little bigger than the PH1 and PH2, but still a pretty cool knife.

Heh, oversized Sharpfinger! You can probably still find a few of them sitting on store shelves.

Hey, I' m still hooked on this idea of bringing back the PH series! How many knives has Schrade made available over the years with micarta handles!?!? Maybe on collectors or short runs. Again, a micarta handled PH, should go for less than $100, no?? I' d like to hear from more people around here.

Nakano

We have 5 patterns in the Schrade/DU line - they're all beautiful-oak handles, polished blades, brass accents, and custom blade etches and shields. They've been around for three years and are permanent items.

Tim, I' ve only seen one DU that is the PH hunter on the Schrade web site. Are there more that I am unaware of? Or are you referring to the folders as well? I am speaking strictly in the sense of the PH hunters...

Nakano

Nakano - I was refering to the DU line which, in addition to the SDUPH2, also contains lockback and pocket knives.

Thank you Tim. Is the DU- PH only available from Schrade direct? Or are they floating thru some distrbutors channels?

Nakano

I think Knife Outlet carries it. Also, I seem to recall seeing some DU knives at the local Kays Merchandise store. I don't remember if they had the PH-2 or not.
Good luck!

Do you have an ACE Hardware where ya live? The one near me carries 4 or 5 of the DU Schrades, including the drop point hunter.

Back