Se delema.

Se which one

• Wharncliff delica vg10 se

• Native 5 salt lc200n se

• Other in comment.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm on the fence on which one to get.

I like the delica wharncliff design.
Yet I like the idea to take the native in the drink with me.

Looking forward to your opinions.

If I could just choose one I'd go with the Native Salt. I have both (well a different steel Delica Wharncliffe) but the Salt is just so versatile you can't go wrong. It can be carried everyday and you don't have to worry about rust, or corrosion. Plus I'd take Lc200n all day over Vg10.

Agree with Cscotttsss Cscotttsss completly.

Go with the Native in LC200N and you’ll have zero worries about wet, dirty, sweat, ice and snow, swamp water, etc... you can rinse it off with a hose, bucket of water, or even ditch/swamp water and put away wet, or even still sweaty (not just the blade, but all the hardware too). VG-10 seems to hold an edge just a bit longer, but the LC200N is a lot easier to sharpen.

The Delica carries nicer, but with the Wharncliffe blade it sticks up a bit higher, so you lose the slimmer profile carry, so the Native wins again IMO.

Bought the Native 5 Salt for my daughter last summer to use kayaking and fishing just so I didn’t have to worry about her maintaining it, it still looks new and she stores it outside with her kayak.

Plus, the Native 5 Salt is a good looking color combination in my opinion too.

What is the intended primary use of the knife?
A LC200N Salt 2 Wharncliffe (essentially a Delica) has been anounced.

Intended use... edc and kayaking, swimming maybe some yard work.
And I just saw that salt 2 lc200n, I think that will solve this problem !! Figures

Intended use... edc and kayaking, swimming maybe some yard work.
And I just saw that salt 2 lc200n, I think that will solve this problem !! Figures

If those are the primary uses, then hands down Native 5 Salt, or wait for the Salt 2. I like the ergos better on the Native 5 but YMMV.

I'd wait on the salt 2 in lc200n. But if you can't wait and since it is SE anyway, a salt in H1 would work just fine.

I'm still thinking about it.
I think I may go with popular consensus here and go with the native.

I really don't like the green color as much as the yellow.
It also is the same kind of design as the manix 2 which seems to fall into my pocket pretty often.

You can't go wrong with a delica.
I like the Atlantic salt.
You could go the native and dragonfly SE in h1 combo. I find the dragonfly real handy.
Good luck
Mitch

Back