SE found in the wild! VINTAGE

Well today I purchased another SE razor, but this one is usable, unlike the Enders I got last time! It is an Eversharp Schick Injector, which I believe to be a "G8" version from roughly 1953-1955 if I did my research correct. It was super grimey, ugly, and had a blade in it that wasn't rusted yet. I dropped it in some hot soapy water and soaked it for an hour or so, then started the scrubbing, picking, rinsing and repeting all the above. I finally took a stainless cloth to it followed by a sunshine cloth and this thing just beamed like a new bicycle on your 8th birthday! I am really very surprised by how well this one cleaned up!

The only thing missing is the case and blade pack, so if you have an extra one floating around, send me a PM.

2012-07-29145033.jpg

2012-07-29145412.jpg

2012-07-29145150.jpg

2012-07-29145254.jpg

-Xander

No the head does not pivot. That pivot is for the spring under the blade. Its not a great design, but it works.

-Xander

I have a couple Schick Injector razors, including one just like that, and another Injector adjustable razor that was made by Pal. The Schick ones are really good shavers, aggressive but not harsh. The Pal is adjustable from harsh to harsher. Use with caution, or else.

Here are mine.
ipsgn7.jpg

Top to bottom:
Pal Adjustable Injector
Schick Aluminum handled Injector
Schick plastic handled injector

Alternate view:
34tejwm.jpg

Nice little collection! Your G model looks to be an early one, like a G3 but I acnt see the handle very well on my phone. I'm honestly completely surprised by how well mine cleaned up! I thought I overpaid at $5. The plating is in very good shape with only one small chip on the part attached to the handle, you can see it in the last pic on the bottom left. I found a decent price for blades on Amazon so I think I'm am gonna give it a go.

-Xander

Back